• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Running RPG Maker XP/2003 games in Android

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
  • Some early beta emulators for RPG Maker XP/2003 or some even for later versions have appeared on the Play Store. They are able to run the game by opening the 'game folder'. Since most Pokémon games made with these programs are compiled to an .exe version, I would advice the creators to also give an alternative download which has compatibility for Android.

Can someone explain me if it's possible to give us instead of the .exe version, also the 'game folder thing' which is compatible with these type of emulators, cause I'm a bit confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • RMXP compiles into a ".rgssad" file which is basically the compiled and encrypted content of the game.

Anyway, as for the "Game Folder" I believe it's just the folder where the "game.rgssad" file is located in. If it needs to be completely unencrypted then I'd say you can't force a developer to leave their content unencrypted just so that a few people can play on a phone, which the game probably won't work in the first place on a phone.

Side Note: It's been a year or two before I last checked to see if Essentials would work on any phones, which it didn't work due to Windows specific libraries needing to be loaded. Though, support could have been added since the last time I checked.

Back