• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Poke writers?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi! ^^ I'm 28 into Pokémon and the world of writing. Would anyone like to read or discuss projects? I'm into Neopets a lot, but wanna branch out to. Any advice or tips?

Years
  • Hi! ^^ I'm 28 into Pokémon and the world of writing. Would anyone like to read or discuss projects? I'm into Neopets a lot, but wanna branch out to. Any advice or tips?

There's a lot of stuff over in Fan Fiction & Writing that you could read and that is also where you can share your writing, Pokemon or otherwise!

As for tips, it would be easier to answer specific questions. Is there anything specific you're struggling with?

Years
    • Seen today
    Aww thanks and I really appreciate it. What I'm struggling with is motivation and time management. And I will definitely them out more (:

Years
  • Aww thanks and I really appreciate it. What I'm struggling with is motivation and time management. And I will definitely them out more (:

Well, for motivation that's tricky. I'd suggest you evaluate what you're writing about. It's possible the story/concept or the way you're telling it isn't vibing with you and you might have to try something different. Alternatively, you might find that once you just make yourself properly get started you get into the zone more and motivation stops being an issue.

As for time management, work from an outline and set a time aside for writing. It doesn't have to be specific. For me, as an example, I set aside mornings for my professional writing and then evenings for my hobby writing but I don't have a set time to start or finish.

Years
    • Seen today
    Those aren't to bad :3 thank you and you're right. Just got to sit down and figure out the idea. I can't wait to read to.

Back