• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Do you think the Zatch Bell! franchise will ever be expanded upon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2019
    Zatch Bell! (Konjiki no Gash Bell!! in Japan) was very popular in Japan, but unfortunately it wasn't that popular outside of it.

But I think an interesting way that the series creator (Makoto Raiku) could expand the franchise is make a prequel manga series and a sequal manga series.

Like have the prequel manga series take place 1,000 years before the current mamodo (demon in Japan) battle for king took place. Like have the prequal manga series take place in the year 1001, and have it be about the previous battle that happened before the current battle.

And for the sequal series, have it take place 1,000 years after the current battle took place, and have it be set in the year 3001. The human world in the sequal series could be very futurastic. The sequel manga series would be about the next battle that takes place after the current battle.

I think having the whole Zatch Bell franchise being about 3 different tournaments taking place in their own timeline sounds like an very interesting idea.

The prequel series would be about the mamodo battle of the past.

The first original series was about the mamodo battle of the present.

The sequel series would be about the mamodo battle of the future.

I don't think any manga/anime franchise has ever done something like that.

A lot of franchises like Naruto, Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, Pokémon and many others have all gotten expanded upon with prequals and sequels. And I think it's not fair that Zatch Bell! may never be expanded upon, while those franchises did.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nope, I honestly highly doubt it. There was that one after story published with Animal Land in whatever year that was, and it didn't really add much to the series. Unless a Zatch Bell reboot happens, it's very unlikely.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I moved it from my "plan to watch" to "dropped" list. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2019
    Nope, I honestly highly doubt it. There was that one after story published with Animal Land in whatever year that was, and it didn't really add much to the series. Unless a Zatch Bell reboot happens, it's very unlikely.

So you think that the one after story published with Animal Land will probably be the only sort of sequel to Zatch Bell!?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • So you think that the one after story published with Animal Land will probably be the only sort of sequel to Zatch Bell!?

Probably not, no, unless it's for an anniversary, or something, I can't see another sequel to it. That Zatch Bell special chapter in 2011, and there hasn't been anything since then for the franchise. Zatch Bell's 20th anniversary won't be for another two years, as far as I'm aware.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2019
    Probably not, no, unless it's for an anniversary, or something, I can't see another sequel to it. That Zatch Bell special chapter in 2011, and there hasn't been anything since then for the franchise. Zatch Bell's 20th anniversary won't be for another two years, as far as I'm aware.

And if he made another one after shot for the 20th anniversary, do you think it probably would take place not too long after the first one after shot took place, and do you think it probably wouldn't add much to the series?

Mystelex

Just wanted to say the manga got republished with new covers and bonus 'Mamodo Cafe' chapters at the end of each volume.

Bandai Namco even released a mobile game earlier this year. It is actively updated with new content every week, too!

Spoiler:

Back