• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what was the purpose of DIS AGB-BPEE-USA(not for resale pokemon emerald)

Portal2Player56

marvelous misadventures of nintendo
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2017
i need help figuring out the origin purpose of this pokemon emerald cart i have. it has this id "AGB-BPEE-USA" and has the "not for resale" tag printed on it but unlike regular pokemon emerald carts,it has this before it's id "DIS", anyone know what this was used for? i tried looking on the internet but came up with no results.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've never heard of a not for resale Emerald cart - I can only guess the added "DIS" has to do with that. I think it might have been promotion material; maybe it was a contest prize or something. How did you obtain it?

EDIT: I found this on eBay, does yours look like this?

Portal2Player56

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2017
well when i bought it long ago i got it at a gamestop in a pokemon emerald box that also had "not for resale" on it but neither i or the clerk noticed it at the time and i never truly noticed the DIS and the not for resale on the box or the cartridge for a while till now.i was more oblivious to stuff back then. i lost the box but still have the cart.(despite it's cart sticker being worn due to age and usage.)

Portal2Player56

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2017
it does look like that one on ebay. here is what mine looks like HNI_0037.JPG

HNI_0038.JPG

HNI_0039.JPG
i compared it to a regular emerald i have to show the differences (besides the worn)

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Then I think it's a promo version. There's no difference as far as I know except that the not for resale one is worth more money than the regular one. You could sell it if you want to, or keep it as a collector's item.

Portal2Player56

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 3, 2017
the only diff ingame i was able to tell slightly was when i used a gameshark on it and the other. in the NFR one,there is a hidden dex entry u can see and aparrently u can use battle frontier to clone any pokemon but all of them will have sketch as their moves. the secret dex is this: pokemon_emerald_missingno_dex_entry.jpg and yes it is if you catch missingno. apparently in this version of emerald,u r able to catch missingno without corruption of save but u do not get to keep the missingno,it just disappears after its dex is seen and the dex will reset itself of having captured it or seen it as since the missingno dissapears after capture. the normal one has the dex entry but will corrupt if this is done in a reg emerald. i tried. the duplication battle frontier thing is not in the reg version,and deoxys/mew are less tricky to encounter on their islands unlike the DIS version where the triangle has a faster reset counter and requires the player to run,the mew encounter is in reverse where mew will run from you in the tall grass instead of going near or to the side of the player.also a few unused items show up in the dis version that are not in the reg version which is weird.. btw i am playing the DIS emerald on gameboy player with my gamecube hence why u see the Z:options in the screen.

Back