• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: The [CODE] tag could be improved

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Hi. I'll make this quick. The [code][/code] tag has some minor issues.

If you don't use the default visual theme of the forums like me, images embedded within
    Code:
     tags are not being fully displayed.
    [IMG]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/369552511557697537/736178104850055219/firefox-2020-07-24_08-08-37.png[/IMG]

On top of that, code syntax can look a bit screwed up.
    [IMG]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/369552511557697537/736178537362489365/firefox-2020-07-24_08-10-35.png[/IMG]

[B][URL="https://i.imgur.com/d5HYpQq.png"]Here's a picture showing how that code written in C language should be displayed[/URL][/B].

Now, if you do use the default theme of the forum, images linked within [icode][code]
    [/icode] tags do show up normally. However, code syntax can still look funny anyway.
    firefox-2020-07-24_08-13-59.png

It would be awesome if at some point down the road, the tag could be slightly reworked to correct these problems it has.

Years
  • Code:
     tags are not designed to accommodate BB code, including images found inside, and will eventually be prevented from parsing at all. For all intents and purposes, users attempting to use boxes to display things should be opting to use indents, create their own [div] tags with borders, or just not put it in a [code] tag at all.

Further, the "non-default" style you're using is deprecated, and we are no longer rolling out features or fixes for it. It will be disabled for all users later in the year.

At present, the [code] syntax also uses an outdated syntax highlighter. It's going to be replaced eventually, but will require explicitly specifying the language for syntax highlights.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Code:
     tags are not designed to accommodate BB code, including images found inside, and will eventually be prevented from parsing at all. For all intents and purposes, users attempting to use boxes to display things should be opting to use indents, create their own [div] tags with borders, or just not put it in a [code] tag at all.

Further, the "non-default" style you're using is deprecated, and we are no longer rolling out features or fixes for it. It will be disabled for all users later in the year.

At present, the [code] syntax also uses an outdated syntax highlighter. It's going to be replaced eventually, but will require explicitly specifying the language for syntax highlights.[/QUOTE]
    Alright then. Thank you for your response. I guess this thread can be closed.

Last edited:
    Back