• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Years
  • Has anyone seen the new Harry Potter store in New York?? It looks amazing but I don't see any other reason to go to the East Coast sadly so I probably won't ever get a chance to visit.

Years
  • I went through a video tour of the New York Harry Potter Store uploaded by The Potter Collector. My jaw dropped. It's like a Harry Potter museum. Wow, I can't believe all the detail like the exhibits with the broomsticks penseives including the Firebolt, the room with the Marauder Floor Map, and such magnificent recreations like the Griffin stairwell, the ginormous time Turner, and several real props from the movie set, paintings of characters, trivia you could read, cute installations like the peek hole with bowtruckle inside the tree. My goodness! This did my heart good. So nostalgic. My favorite part was the way that the elevator was designed, so that it was like you were using the flu network.

If I were turned loose in that store I would buy the Black family wallpaper for my house. I like things that look old world, and Sirius Black is my favorite character, plus it wasn't too expensive for wallpaper. I would probably get the Niffler plush with the coin purse too, though the demiguise would tempt me--I would have to make a choice on my budget. I wouldn't mind some the comfy clothes for sale either.

Years
  • I went through a video tour of the New York Harry Potter Store uploaded by The Potter Collector. My jaw dropped. It's like a Harry Potter museum. Wow, I can't believe all the detail like the exhibits with the broomsticks penseives including the Firebolt, the room with the Marauder Floor Map, and such magnificent recreations like the Griffin stairwell, the ginormous time Turner, and several real props from the movie set, paintings of characters, trivia you could read, cute installations like the peek hole with bowtruckle inside the tree. My goodness! This did my heart good. So nostalgic. My favorite part was the way that the elevator was designed, so that it was like you were using the flu network.

If I were turned loose in that store I would buy the Black family wallpaper for my house. I like things that look old world, and Sirius Black is my favorite character, plus it wasn't too expensive for wallpaper. I would probably get the Niffler plush with the coin purse too, though the demiguise would tempt me--I would have to make a choice on my budget. I wouldn't mind some the comfy clothes for sale either.

Right??? If I ever go I am going to need about $1000 in spending money! The place is absolutely stunning. I really like the added touch of every once in a while, you can hear the golden snitch whizzing by.

Years
  • I came across this top ten list of Harry Potter plot holes. As a fan of the books, I think they are fun to think about, because quite a few of these I never stopped to question.

Some of these I wouldn't exactly call holes, just elements of the wizarding world that could have been developed more like the economic system they use. Others are ideas that probably should have occured to the characters, but didn't, like Voldemort making his followers take the unbreakable vow. Then there are incidents that I think are just plot holes, such as Harry not seeing Thestrals at the end of the Goblet of Fire.

Do you consider any of the things mentioned plot holes, or do you think there are explanations to be found? Perhaps bthere any other holes in the story that you have noticed that aren't on this list?

Spoiler:

Back