• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sweet <3

We had all the hardback books in Swedish when I was a kid (and growing up, I was always roughly the same age as Harry when the books came out!). But now they're kind of worn and sit at my parents' home. I want to get my own collection. The Swedish covers are quite amazing, probably the best imo. Their original titles were in silvery metal shimmer, and all the pages inside had little stars in the corners outlining the page numbers and chapter titles. Magical reading experience.

harry-potter-svenska-omslag.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Can't wait to see, Michel!

omg Rika those look cool, I've never seen these covers before. I just have the originals:

main-qimg-35277aa44f80dc61cf5e7da08a2324d7-c

I remember I actually got a box set gifted when I was a kid (when there were only 3 books out), and they sat there for years because I never really got into them. It wasn't until I was like 15 that I finally decided to read one, and then I just couldn't put them down and finished them all in rapid succession. :D

do you have a picture of your Quirrel costume

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
No good pics, sorry haha.

I have the originals too :3 Mum eventually couldn't stand waiting for the Swedish translations, so we just bought and read the English ones ^^

Haha yeah once you start reading them you can't stop until you're done!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hullo would love to join! I'm a Hufflepuff :) Keen to see this one more active than the one I led a few years ago :P

Will post my supplies sometime later!

Quick note - the other day 'Cursed Child' tickets went on sale for next year, and I was able to get some tickets for May 2019, keeeeeen! Has anyone seen it yet?

Also going to this play which may or may not be based on Hogwarts, later this week, should be good!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have the book! But I think I've let a friend borrow it... Hmm. The CS play sounds interesting though, a fun experience.

Oh lol is that a Hufflepuff play hahah?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Annd it looks like another 10 points to Gryffindor!
Hullo would love to join! I'm a Hufflepuff :) Keen to see this one more active than the one I led a few years ago :P

Will post my supplies sometime later!

Quick note - the other day 'Cursed Child' tickets went on sale for next year, and I was able to get some tickets for May 2019, keeeeeen! Has anyone seen it yet?

Also going to this play which may or may not be based on Hogwarts, later this week, should be good!
Welcome! Jake will be thrilled to hear there's another Hufflepuff :D

I've never heard of Puffs either! I bought Cursed Child a few years ago but still haven't got around to reading it, haha. I'm not generally that big on plays so the format of the book threw me off a bit at first, but I hear great things about it and still intend to get around to it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We should have a movie night and watch both parts of the Deathly Hallows together 8D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Yess I was thinking that too! House points for participation, maybe even for the whole series, I just wasn't sure how high many people would be interested/if we can schedule a time for people who are interested to participate

I'd have to do a Friday evening or Saturday

WE SHOULD WATCH THE WHOLE SERIES TOGETHER

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think the best movie was the sixth. I didn't much like the book more than the rest, but the movie was something else. Well made, dramatic, strong, visually beautiful.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Sorry, have been doing other stuff, haven't been active. prisoner of Azkaban was the best movie, hand down, but I wouldn't be able to participate in a movie night... Only if it were mobile access able and online...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Sorry, have been doing other stuff, haven't been active. prisoner of Azkaban was the best movie, hand down, but I wouldn't be able to participate in a movie night... Only if it were mobile access able and online...
I think we can do it some way on rabb.it, just gotta find a good quality version of it online. :)

I think the best movie was the sixth. I didn't much like the book more than the rest, but the movie was something else. Well made, dramatic, strong, visually beautiful.
@Rika that's surprising! I haven't heard a lot of good things about the 6th movie and I didn't like it as much myself (but it definitely had its moments) - I still liked it overall but I found the pacing kind of weird and they really tried to sell Harry & Ginny as a couple even though they were kind of terrible together on screen. I loved the book though, so it's interesting that we're reversed on that one, haha.

I've always been really partial to Goblet of Fire, I don't know if I'd call it the best but I always have so much fun watching it, the tournament gets so tense.

I should figure out a way to host a Goblet of Fire-like tourney in this club too, that would be so fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Prisoner of Azkaban is probably my favorite of the books ^^

But the Philosopher's Stone is also great because of its cute fairy tale like style. They're so young and innocent still!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
IKR, I always love starting the series right from the beginning - some people get bored with the first one if they've watched it a lot, but I still always love the magic of preparing for and arriving at Hogwarts for the first time with Harry. I want to shop with Hagrid

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
He was a great actor, and although a bit older than he's portrayed in the books, he was an excellent Snape and I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job. <3

About 2 weeks left for anyone who wants to earn house points for the scavenger hunt! Always looking for new students too. :)

In the meantime, if we're looking for a discussion topic:
Which class(es) would you be most excited for at Hogwarts?
Spoiler: If you need a refresher on what those are
Core classes
  • Potions
  • Astronomy
  • Charms
  • Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Flying
  • Herbology
  • History of Magic
  • Muggle Studies
  • Transfiguration

Electives