• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] What next for BDSP?

rpghellin

JLL
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    After 80+ hours invested (wasted?) in the game, and more to come, I do wonder -is it done and dusted?

• What about Home compatibility? How will that change the in-game mechanics or content?
    • Will there be patches or updates?
    • Events? Giveaways? Legendary pokemon events (i.e. Darkrai and Arceus)?
    • DLC?

Years
  • I can see a Platinum DLC happening. As much as I wish it were included as part of the base game, I'd still take it over another game altogether. :x We'll also probably get the Darkrai and Shaymin events at some point (hopefully not as DLC). They're already in the game and can be accessed by cheating/glitches, so it's just a matter of time. Otherwise I'm not sure what else is possible - it's easier to add events to SwSh since raids have more possibilities, BDSP seems mostly finished already.

The only thing HOME compatibility makes me want to do is start a new file with a brand new team using Pokémon you don't catch in Sinnoh until post game, but I really don't want to wipe my save file or use another Switch account to start a new one. So it probably won't be used much for me. Wish it would have been available from the start.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • Honestly I'd have to agree with a Plat DLC coming. At least, I wish it happens. I personally hate the idea of DLC being over $10 (which it probably would be like SwSh) but a Platinum DLC would literally just fix the problems with this game, except for things in design that GF and ILCA just don't want to say "my bad for putting this in" and taking it out, like the shared EXP share.

I know that we'll get more patches and updates down the line, since we still need Home compatibility, the GWS, and more bug fixing. Mythical events are coded into the game, but aren't released. It'll probably be available as some crazy limited time event down the line.

Home compatibility will probably be there after you do something in the early game like beat the first gym(when you meet Bebe I guess?) or something way later that I can't think of. Having Home will change a lot though, because I know people will use it to get the national Dex early, if they let that be a thing. You can already get it early by trading a living Dex over with another switch, and I'm pretty sure it was intentional. You can do stuff like this in other games and every Pokemon, even from the nat dex, is set to the normal level ranges after beating a gym. Everything is just about the same, except for things that need the game completed (like going to the fight area).
    Having Home compatibility will be really good for this game, but still makes fans like me upset because it's another workaround for having better content earlier(Rotom, Eevee, etc.).

I definitely think we'll get some more updates n stuff down the line, even with Legends Arceus coming out. The game's been selling, so they probably won't ignore it. I wish we get a lot more than what we have now though. I love Sinnoh and am enjoying my BDSP playthroughs, but it could be better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    We may get the Pokémon in events at some point maybe Pokémon day or something

Years
  • Aside from patches and event mythicals I don't think there's much they can/will add.
    And I don't see them doing any new events till the Manaphy one ends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    I don't think there will be much investment put into this game anymore once PLA comes out. Like I said before. It's just a time filler until the big game comes out.

Back