• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Pokéathlon

Years
  • HGSS gave us the Pokéathlon, an area where you would enter your Pokemon in athletic competitions. You could use the points given by the wins to obtain certain rare items such as evolutionary stones from the shop.

What do you think of the Pokéathlon? What minigame was your favorite? (or least favorite?) Did you try to beat every game to unlock all rooms and trophies?

I really liked the Pokéathlon, the mini games were pretty fun and it added a feel that Pokemon aren't just for battling.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Like all of my non-GBA Pokémon games I haven't played this since 2014 at the latest bar migration, so can't remember a specific favourite, but I do remember finding this to be the first time any of the extra distractions in a Pokémon game had appealed to me since discovering that my Manectric's move-set lent itself well to Cool contests in Emerald.

Last time I played through HeartGold I spent about a week's gameplay (As in a real-life week, not 168 hours) just on Pokéathlon and running back and forth collecting Apricorn berries either for power-ups or Apricorn balls.

My Typhlosion dominating on the block-smashing is quite a vivid memory, although I felt like perhaps I was going to wear out my touchscreen with such focussed, aggressive tapping on one spot.

Years
  • I really enjoyed the Pokeathlon, it was a nice break from battling and adventuring - even if it did destroy my touch screen back in the day. I really enjoyed the mingame that had the race with hurdles, I cant remember what it's called though.

Back