• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a good team for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire's Pokemon League?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012

Blaziken-Level 54- Overheat, Brick Break, Slash, Earthquake
Breloom-Level 44- Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sky Uppercut, Counter
Magneton- Level 47- Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, Tri-Attack
Gardevoir- Level 47- Psychic, Toxic, Shadow, Future Sight
Pelipper- Level 43- Fly, Surf, Ice Beam, Ariel Ace

Then Either:
Donphan- Level 45- Iron Tail, Rollout, Horn Attack, Hyper Beam
Or
Swablu-Level 17 (Just Caught, Currently Training)

I Also Have - Anorith-Level30 And Psyduck-Level 28

If You Can Improve My Team in Any Way, Whether It Be Members, Moves, Levels Or In Any Other Way, Please Post Underneath!

Thanks!!!!!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
You should be good to go! If I remember correctly, Blaziken can sweep most of that leagues Pokémon on it's own, and you have some good levels, and good move pool for everyone.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
The only thing I would propose changing on your team would be replacing the multiple STAB moves you have on Magneton, Pelipper and Gardevoir.

For Magneton I would keep Thunderbolt for the higher power over Shock Wave and the higher accuracy over Thunder, and sub in for the other moves something like Metal Sound and Supersonic/Thunder Wave for some utility.

For Gardevoir I'd keep Psychic and sub in something like Calm Mind for some tasty boosts over Future Sight.

For Pelliper, I'd replace Fly. In the time it takes to use Fly (105 power after STAB), you could get off two Aerial Aces (180 total power after STAB). If you were using Fly to avoid certain attacks, Protect might be a good replacement.

Other than that you should be fine. Good Luck! (Or, more likely, I hope it went well, since you posted this a while ago)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years

Blaziken-Level 54- Overheat, Brick Break, Slash, Earthquake
Breloom-Level 44- Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Sky Uppercut, Counter
Magneton- Level 47- Thunder, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, Tri-Attack
Gardevoir- Level 47- Psychic, Toxic, Shadow, Future Sight
Pelipper- Level 43- Fly, Surf, Ice Beam, Ariel Ace

Then Either:
Donphan- Level 45- Iron Tail, Rollout, Horn Attack, Hyper Beam
Or
Swablu-Level 17 (Just Caught, Currently Training)

I Also Have - Anorith-Level30 And Psyduck-Level 28

If You Can Improve My Team in Any Way, Whether It Be Members, Moves, Levels Or In Any Other Way, Please Post Underneath!

Thanks!!!!!

Looks good. Giga Drain isn't too good on the Physical Attack-based Breloom, but if you want a Grass move, it's fine. Other than that, I'd suggest using Donphan, Altaria isn't good at all.

Back