• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My PC is screwed. Please help.

Years
  • Whelp. Here goes nothing.

So I was looking across google for free games to give me something to do ans all of the sudden when I downloaded one my search engine turned into this piece of pure grade a garbage bag called www-searching.com made by this virus hijacker called Goozbo.

How the heck can I get rid of that garbage search engine?

Well, more of when I get the heck on google Chrome it will pop up that annoyance.

What I tried:

Reset chrome settings.

Delete the thing in Control Panel.

Not make it default.

Deleted it from Manage search engine.

Help me.

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

A situation like this is why you have to be careful with downloads of "free games" and other entertainment software for PCs. Oftentimes, they hide the fact that they install unwanted junk and forcibly change your homepage and default search deep in the license agreement or terms of service for the program(s) you download.

Years
  • You must've been hit by adware. That's how I lost a laptop before.

Maki already told you about malwarebytes, and that's all I would've told you.

Next time, research what you're downloading, and watch out for "free" games and other sketchy programs. That's how they trick you to download their virus.

Years
  • Happened to me once. Avast has a tool for that, I think the name is Avast Browser Cleanup. Just open the program and select the browser and clean it and you're golden.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I think it might be an exaggeration, guys. Haha. (or at least i hope so)

Back