• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS] FULL updated Gen 1-8 PBS for pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I have found many partial PBS files for pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt here on Pokecommunity. However, I haven't found any that included updates to older Pokemon, such as their new move list or wild items. Also, some information in these resources has been incorrect and I've tried to fix most of this. I have also updated the moves.txt, abilities.txt, and items.txt and will provide those as well. I have NOT included updated Pokedex entries.

This resource includes:
    • ALL Pokemon (Gen 1-8) up to and including Isle or Armor, as of their most recent appearance officially. (If they appear in SwSh, this data is used; if they most recently appeared in USUM, this data is used.)
    • Many resources for gen 6-8 do not include shape data or wild held items, but I have added these in for all Pokemon (as of their most recent appearance)
    • Newest move sets of all Pokemon, including levelup moves and egg moves
    • All alternate forms of Pokemon (excluding gigantamax), including regional variants and mega evolution, with their most recent information. (Assumes you have Meowstic-F and Indeedee-F defined as alternate forms, but you can take them out if you don't)
    • Updated egg groups for Pokemon whose egg groups have changed since gen 5 (I may have left some of these out accidentally)
    • PBS file for moves.txt, including updates to all old moves (make sure that your function codes match)
    • PBS file for items.txt
    • PBS file for abilities.txt
    • All item icons numbered to match the provided items.txt
    Note that you must have all moves.txt, items.txt, and abilities.txt updated to gen 8 Isle of Armor. This also assumes that you have the new evolution methods "TookDamage", "LandCritical", "PotItem", and "HoldSweetItem" defined (all for gen 8). Also note that I changed the internal name of VICEGRIP to VISEGRIP, like in the most recent games.

There are bound to still be some mistakes, as I've typed a lot of this manually, and if you catch any (no matter how small), please let me know. I will log updates to the file below, and for now, I just plan to re-upload the file after each fix I make.

I'll note the uploads of the file with what is fixed below:

pokemon.txt
    Spoiler:

pokemonforms.txt
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• pokemon.txt
      748.4 KB · Views: 484
    • pokemonforms.txt
      66.9 KB · Views: 255
    • abilities.txt
      18 KB · Views: 230
    • items.txt
      98.2 KB · Views: 213
    • moves.txt
      114.3 KB · Views: 253
    • Item Icons.zip
      1 MB · Views: 187
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Nice effort buddy. I was also doing this and have suceeded till gen7. But, since you mad this, you saved mine and many others time who were doing this. Thank you. Even you changed the move VICEGRIP to VISEGRIP. Coooooool.

Good to hear that it was helpful. I was considering leaving Vise Grip's internal name as VICEGRIP and just changing the display name in moves.txt, but I decided to just change it. However, note that I did not change the internal names of items, so Leek still has STICK as its internal name and Pretty Feather still has PRETTYWING as its name, so I recommend just changing the display names for these in items.txt. I'm also in the process of creating an updated list for TM compatibility for all TM and tutor moves that have ever existed officially, but this is taking a bit longer and I'll probably post it separately when I'm done.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2023
    Hello! Can you share link with compatible items.txt? Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    I think you forgot to update the Eggs Move compatible with TR for species that are not in Sword and Shield.
    Pokémon no longer have to learn the movements they can learn from Technical records.
    Normally, all pokémon must learn about 4-5 eggs moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I think you forgot to update the Eggs Move compatible with TR for species that are not in Sword and Shield.
    Pokémon no longer have to learn the movements they can learn from Technical records.
    Normally, all pokémon must learn about 4-5 eggs moves.

I don't think I'm going to do that because some people might not be including TRs in their games and it really doesn't change much if a Pokemon can learn a move from both breeding and TR. Also technically, Pokemon not from SwSh shouldn't be able to learn any TRs anyway so you could have it available to those Pokemon only from breeding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hey everyone, just updated the main files. There were some problems in pokemonforms.txt that would probably cause errors when using Vivillon forms past 9 due to not all of its forms being there. I added those in and also fixed some form names.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    These are nice. Can you do one more favour. Provide the item icons of those items, and tell how you defined the new evolution methods like TakeDamage. Thank You!

I'll update the main post with everything. There were some things in items.txt/abilities.txt that shouldn't have been there, but that should be fixed now.

As for the new evolution methods, check out the first post on this thread (under "Evo Methods"): https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422817.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how to change the name of a thread? I want to say that it now includes more than just pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt

I'll update the main post with everything. There were some things in items.txt/abilities.txt that shouldn't have been there, but that should be fixed now.

As for the new evolution methods, check out the first post on this thread (under "Evo Methods"): https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422817.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how to change the name of a thread? I want to say that it now includes more than just pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt

There is no 233, 235 and 236 numbered ability in the PBS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2021
    what do the target codes for the moves mean? i looked up what they were but all i could find was for strings, not for number codes

Back