• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is my Yveltal EX Standard Legal?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2017
    I paid £30 for 2 x Full Art Yveltal Ex (XY series 144/146) and I have the Black Star Promo version too which I know IS standard legal for the new rotation in September.

Question is does this make the full art versions legal too?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Yes. Any card that has had a true reprint (the name and all relevant text on the card is the same) in a standard-legal set is considered Standard. This usually us used to apply to Trainers, but it applies to Pokémon too. Generations in particular was largely a reprint set, meaning it kept many early XY Pokémon Standard and will continue to do so through this season. A more common example in tournaments of a Pokémon applying this rule is baby Yveltal, also from XY, which is Standard because it was directly reprinted in Steam Siege.

Back