• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

''Freezing Fans'' -- The Ice type Club!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
  • Well, well, if it isn't a Pokémon trainer! I and the other club members will give you a Cold welcome to: ''''Freezing fans'', the ice type Fan club!

The ice type is the rarest type in Pokémon. Ice type Pokémon are extremely rare and late-game, but we Ice type Lovers ALWAYS find room for an Ice type on our teams! What we do here, is discuss the ice type for the newer games, Talk about the ice type in a competitive standpoint, the appearances of Ice type Pokémon in the anime, games and manga, and we battle with our beautiful pokémon!

If you're new to pokémon,or just love the ice type, here we have a link to a list of every Ice type Pokémon in existence, and information about the ice type itself!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_(type)

Freezing Rules!

You need to follow these rules in order to have fun with the club!

1. All Global forum rules apply here. Read them well: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6446812

2. Join only if you are a fan of ice types. Don't come here to complain about the ice types. There are enough other topic's for that.

3. Be nice to eachother, cursing is allowed, but only in a light matter. You will be banned from the club if you curse too much

4. Please don't go offtopic

5. The most important one of all: Have fun!

See? These rules can be followed easily! Now, what do you do when you want to join? This is what you do!

Name: This can be your real name, but it can also be just a nickname :)
    Pokécommunity Name: This should speak for itself
    Favourite Ice type Pokémon?: What is your favourite Ice type Pokémon?
    Favourite ice type trainer? What is your favourite ice type trainer? This can be anyone from the games or anime, and manga
    Why do you want to join?: What is your motivation to join the club?
    Birthday: We will all celebrate your birthday!

My information:

Name: Michel
    Pokecommunity Name: Michelaar
    Favourite ice type Pokémon: Froslass. In fact, its my favourite pokémon ever!
    Favourite ice type trainer: I have to go with Wulfric. This is because I actually really like his design. His team is really Cool too!
    Birthday: June 10th

Ranks:

You can get Ranks based of certain things. Some ranks have certain possibilities/Rewards!

Leader: Michelaar only. Is the leader of the Ice type club
    Co-Leader: This rank will be given to people who have definitly earned it trough their work or activity in the club
    Ice Champion: Will be unlocked when you win at least 3 tournaments in our club! With this rank unlocked, you can create your own tournaments!
    Ice Gym Leader: Will be unlocked when you win at least 1 tournament in our club
    Freezer: Unlocked when posted at least 50 posts in the club. With this unlocked, you'll be super cool and you can always join tournaments without having to wait in line
    Cold person: Unlocked when posted at least 20 posts in the club.
    Tribalist: The rank you start out with.

Off course, I'm still working on these ranks. I would appreciate it if you could tell me if these ranks are balanced/good enough. You can also ask for new ranks to be made.

Please, keep the club going if you're a member!

Members:
    - Michelaar (leader)
    - Mawa (Co-leader)
    - Charlie Brown (Tribalist)
    - FireSnow (Tribalist)
    - t0gekiss (Tribalist)

Planning June/July 2016

- June 15th: Discussion
    - June24th: Writing contest entries are open!
    - July 10th: Writing contest entries are closed, and voting!
    - July 20th: Voting ends

Birthday Calandar
    Januari 8: FireSnow
    March 2: Mawa
    May 13: Charlie Brown
    June 10: Michelaar
    November 20: t0gekiss

Thank you for reading this long post! Now is the time to join the club, and I say, Have a cool day!

thScCXh.jpg

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Name: Pls call me Mawa haha
    Pokécommunity Name: Mawa
    Favourite Ice type Pokémon?: Froslass <3 One of my favorite Pokemon! I really love Glaceon too <3
    Favourite ice type trainer? I don't really have one.
    Why do you want to join?: Ice type is one of my favorite type!! <3 I love each type Pokemon
    Birthday: march 2

I waited for an ice type club! :D

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Yessss Ice-types are brilliant <3

Name: Charlie Brown/CB/Josh
    Pokécommunity Name: Charlie Brown
    Favourite Ice type Pokémon? Tough question but I think it would have to be Dewgong!
    Favourite ice type trainer? I've always been fond of Pryce, he was really difficult to defeat as a kid.
    Why do you want to join? Ice-types are one of my favourite types 8)
    Birthday: 13th May

Out of interest, what are the tournaments that were mentioned a few times in the OP (in the calendar and in the rank lists)? Are they battling tournaments?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hi Charlie Brown! :D

Yay another Dewgong fan!
    I feel like this Pokemon is often forgotten... I really like his design! I hope they'll improve it with new moves, maybe a mega evolution?

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Hi Charlie Brown! :D

Yay another Dewgong fan!
    I feel like this Pokemon is often forgotten... I really like his design! I hope they'll improve it with new moves, maybe a mega evolution?

Haha yeah Dewgong is pretty forgotten. It doesn't really stand out in any way I suppose (there are better Water/Ice Pokemon competitively, and even better/more notable Water/Ice Pokemon in Kanto alone, and its design and name are pretty ordinary I guess) but for some reason I just love it. I actually think it's fine the way it is but then again I'm not really a fan of most Megas anyway so probably not the best person to speak about that :P

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I welcome you with open arms! The tournaments will be held with battles, but also with something else if there is interest.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • And yes, Dewgong is a very nice pokémon :p It's really cute as well. I think its forgettable because it really looks like Seel.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • ICE TYPE DISCUSSION

One day late, but no one cares!! the first discussion here is:

How are Ice types in the video games?

How do you think the Ice type is portraited in the Pokémon video games? They always had such late game appearances which kinda makes me sad to be honest. What are your opinion on Ice types in the video games?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Name: Sich
    PokéCommunity Name: FireSnow
    Favourite Ice type Pokémon?: I'll be taking Walrein
    Favourite ice type trainer? Hmmm I'd say its a tie between Candice and Wulfric, both are good ambassadors of the type
    Why do you want to join?: I'm a fan of the type and really appreciate its usefulness and would love to be able to express that more often
    Birthday: January 8th

Discussion:

Though its unfortunate that the type doesn't really appear much until late in the game, I look at that as a sign of respect for the type. The type is incredibly useful in-game and as a whole is one of the top types in terms of stats I believe so making it available so early would be unfair ;D (kinda similar to the dragon type, ironically the once type Dragon is weak to is Ice). With it also being available so late is to really challenge the player to earn the Pokemon and take the time to train it to show how much one really wants. (trust me, grinding so late in the game is very hard with such a low-leveled Pokemon) Only those strong enough will reap the rewards of having an Ice type Pokemon (similar to Dragon types again)

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Welcome to the club!

And yeah, i do kinda agree with you. But I love the ice type so much and I have to wait very long until I get one.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I would like to see an Ice type earlier, of course! Maybe a two type Pokemon, who got ice as a part type later in the game (but sooner than the other ice types Pokemon).
    I played a hack of White, called PureWhite and we got a Snorunt early in the game. I love Froslass so I was so happy!

Even if I want to see an Ice type earlier in the game, I don't think we have to see many of them. They can always do an early Pokemon who's an Ice type but kinda week, because Ice type is strong at this point of the game.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • I agree that it would be cool to have an Ice-type earlier. The earliest I can remember getting an Ice-type in any game is in BW when you find Vanillite in the city with the fifth (?) gym.

I agree with Mawa with having a two-stage Pokemon that gains the Ice-type - I always thought it would be cool to have a snowy owl as a regional bird tbh. It could start out Normal/Flying then gain the Ice-type later on.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I agree with Mawa with having a two-stage Pokemon that gains the Ice-type - I always thought it would be cool to have a snowy owl as a regional bird tbh. It could start out Normal/Flying then gain the Ice-type later on.

We got a ­''first bird'' being flying#fire, I am waiting for a flyiing#Ice now

t0gekiss

Pokecommunity Name: t0gekiss
    Favourite ice type Pokémon: A tie between Weavile and Glaceon
    Favourite ice type trainer: Candice, So much nostalgia for me
    Birthday: November 20th

I'm looking forward to being a member of this club! :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Name: Matty
    Pokecommunity Name: t0gekiss
    Favourite ice type Pokémon: A tie between Weavile and Glaceon
    Favourite ice type trainer: Candice, So much nostalgia for me
    Birthday: November 20th

I'm looking forward to being a member of this club! :)

Oooh nice, I love both those Pokemon as well. Weavile has become a staple on my competitive teams with its outstanding speed and attack and Glaceon is one of my favorite eeveelutions, behind only Flareon (ironic?)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Yeah Weavile is awesome with that speed!! And Glaceon is so cute hehe looks like Taylor Swift.It is a god Pokemon I think, I use it a lot!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Sorry for the delay, welcome to the club!

WRITING CONTEST

Welcome to the Writing contest! In this contest, you are gonna need to write a story about your favourite Ice type! Every member of the club may participate. What the story is about is up to you. Maybe you find one in the wild and you write about it, or you are battling a gym leader!

Rules
    - You can write until 10 July. If every club member that wants to participate has entered, it will be over earlier.
    -I'm the judge, but you can vote yourself on the story that you like best too!
    - WRITE YOUR STORY YOURSELF. If you copy a story from another forum or on this forum, you will be kicked out of the club.

Have fun with writing!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Welcome Mawa as the freezing fans new Co-leader!

Yes, I assigned Mawa as the new co-leader. We will handle the club together, and Mawa will also host discussions, tournaments, and other things. The planning will be updated soon!

Back