• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] RPG Maker MV

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    RPG Maker MV for steam is currently on a -70% sale.
    That's substantial, and I'm considering getting it.
    MV would have a LOT of advantages, being able to export to both Android and iOS being the most obvoius one.

But would there be any way to import resources into it? Because to be honest, I lack time, knowledge and commitment to create everything from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I think that similar discussions have been brought up several times, for example here and here. Basically, a key idea is that Essentials was designed in RMXP and that porting it to another version of RPG Maker would require a substantial effort.

Years
  • I think that similar discussions have been brought up several times, for example here and here. Basically, a key idea is that Essentials was designed in RMXP and that porting it to another version of RPG Maker would require a substantial effort.

And the amount of effort needed to port it (new language in addition to everything else different with MV) would be better spent porting it to a free engine

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • And the amount of effort needed to port it (new language in addition to everything else different with MV) would be better spent porting it to a free engine

If people are unwilling/unable to devote even that amount of money to a project, they might as well not make the project. It's such a small investment in the grand scheme of things. Besides, RPG Maker XP has had tons of sales over the years. There's no reason to pay full price anymore.

Back