• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Blaze Black vs. THE CHIBI SQUAD!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    So I went back to blaze black after an unexpected long hiatus, and decided to build an entire team around my beloved cleffa, I got a lucky new encounter where I left off, caught my new pokemon (after quite a struggle) and added it to team 4, aka the chibi squad!!

Madoka the cleffa, riolu, shuppet, torchic, and panpour AND the newbie on the team!...onix.

a team of tiny badass (and onix) that kick much ass (and onix)

The strat is to keep them small and unevolved for as long as possible, excluding cleffa who I'll never evolve.

So of the team only madoka, is fully ev trained everyone else is fresh, but they've got good ivs for the most part and potential.

Most of my team was also far underlevel for where I was both progression wise and my location. So I hooked my team up with some exp shares for the lower leveled mons, and proceeded to set Madoka loose on the unsuspecting trainer population.

Now at the time I was around relic castle, where I had just found onix, who was lvl 29. The highest leveled pokemon on my team.

So every wild pokemon or trainer pokemon in the surrounding desert was about 4 to 5 levels above my madoka at least...and SHE DESTROYED THEM!! XD

As long as she had at least a neutral type match she could kick butt, plus that zap cannon I was previously disappointed about was putting in work!

It wasn't always easy, especially with how frail cleffa was at lower levels before the evs started kicking in. but with a healer close by I got through it. After conquering the dessert I went up to elesa's city and after messing around a bit, made the worst decision of my entire playthrough.

So at this point most of my team had gone up about 10 levels, so on average my team was around level 30, with madoka slightly in the lead as she was responsible for most of the kills. So feeling pretty confident and cocksure, I headed into the stadium to further level on some of the athletes there.

What I failed to remember was that my team's average level was 30, and that was the minimum for the LAST gym.

I walked into the stadium expecting an easy fight and got the first athlete with 3 pokemon to my 6, ok easy peasy I thought.
    His team is the evolved from of the pan monkey line. and so he proceeded to toss out a lvl 43 Simisear against my lvl 29 cleffa.

My reaction was measured and completely appropriate.

.........yeah so that happened.

I absolutely scummed it, but thanks to 3 revives and 5 fresh waters, and my absolute unit of a cleffa...I..I actually won.

My madoka took out a lvl 43 Simisear, Simipour, and a Simisage. If my team wasn't as good as they were it wouldn't have been possible even with scum saving, I got very lucky and was able to clutch victory from the jaws of defeat.

and I am SO glad I decided to get rid of aromatherapy for the more consistent damage of petal dance.
    I needed zap cannon to paralyze and give me some safety within the rng, but after that simipour scald burned my cleffa, that special grass move was a godsend.

That, magic guard, and my onix's sturdy just barely got me through plus some choice will-o-wisps curtesy of shuppet.

So with 3 monkey paws added to my trophy box, I decided to cut my losses,...after another stupid and completely avoidable fight. This time with N on the ferris wheel, where I SOMEHOW, avoided whiting out, and beat him with my once again underlevel team. I didn't even have to scum save.

That was a shock, and I survived by the skin of my teeth in the red with 1 pokemon remaining.

Ok then I finally decided to stop being an idiot, got healed and avoided all trainers.
    Those last few fights showed me my team had a few glaring weaknesses, riolu is a nice pokemon, and I love lucario, but at this point my riolu is good for nothing but turn sacrifices. So while exploring the next territory over, I found a new pokemon to replace him with.

Enter the newest member of the chibi squad!! Farfetch'd, don't know when they're type was changed but she's a fighting /flying type, and since I just picked up fly from some random person, this is perfect timing and makes her the perfect pokemon to replace riolu, bulkier, stronger, and with less type weaknesses.

That's about where I stopped for now, so a quick summary of the new team

Madoka the cleffa lvl 33, Farfetch'd lvl 27, shuppet lvl 28, Torchic lvl 29, Cobalt the Onix lvl 31, and Panpour lvl 28.

Last edited:
    Back