• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music The Weekly Music Discovery Playlist (20th of November UP)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Howdy!! Just got permission from McCree to start this up again. Same deal as before. Send me one song you'd like to have everyone else hear, by including the YouTube link in either a PM or VM, and I'll add it all to a playlist that'll be posted every Sunday afternoon. I would also like for you to include a sentence or two with the reason why you chose this song, and I'll include that in the weekly post.

The deadline for this first week is Sunday, at 12:01AM Eastern time. Then I'll have everything up later that day.

So get cracking, get choosing, get sending, and get ready to listen to some killer music.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This sounds great! I look forward to what everyone comes up with! I plan on selecting some choice slices from a bit of time ago!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Weekly Playlist #1 for the 20th of November, 2016.

First up we have "For Me This Is Heaven" by Jimmy Eat World, as selected by maccrash.
    This is what the selector had to say...
    this is one of my favorite albums to listen to in autumn and winter. these lyrics are really painful for me atm (and always have been) but the way the vocal lines are all swirling around in the last minute is one of the most uplifting things I've ever heard.

Secondly Esper throws "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" by Blue Oyster Cult into the mix.
    Esper said this about their choice...
    Anyone who listens to classic rock knows (Don't Fear) The Reaper, but the band has lots of other good songs like this one.

Thirdly, TheFattestSnorlax showed up and tossed this song our way... it's "Legions of New Times" by Waterland.
    In choosing it, this is what they said...
    The song is "Legions of New Times" by Waterland. Power metal is, to me, a bit of an underappreciated genre of music. I'd simply like to share an example of what I listen to on a daily basis.

Fourth up, is JDJacket with this number... "Cursor" by Testube.
    They had this to say about their choice...
    It's a contemporary workshop full of exciting new sounds that were slowly returning by the time PCs were really becoming a thing. Testube makes a lot of great stuff and some of it is not really the norm of people's musical comfort zone. It sounds industrious and it's some really cool stuff. I hope you enjoy.

And finally, we have yours truly throwing a song into the mix... "The Touch" by Welshly Arms.
    I picked it because this is a local Cleveland-based band who I saw do some songs after an Indians baseball game, and I quite enjoyed their music, and think they should get more exposure.

Deadline for next week will be the same as it was before. 12:01AM Eastern on the 27th of November.

Happy listening!!

Back