• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Run (v4.6) 5/15

How hard is the game for you?

• Easy, I never lost a single battle!

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Easy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Nicely balanced

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Challenging

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Too challenging

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Just downloaded the updated version and I am glad for the fixes but there is still one house across from the store that you get stuck in the doorway if you enter it. I want to try the other mode that you added to the game as it would fill up the Pokedex faster. I am trying to figure where to go for the gym badge though. I don't know if it is after reaching the top and then going back down to the bottom or if it is on the other side of the cave with the 3 holes in the ice. But I am having fun trying to figure it out. Sorry I gave wrong house it is the one by the exit from the underground path that has a blue sign above it's door. I saved outside this time but it is where you eventually go down out of the snow part of the mountains. Thanks and I am loving the game so far. I have 11 pieces of plastic in my bag and when I tried to turn in the 10 pieces it tells me I don't have enough and that he needs 10.

Last edited:
Years
Just downloaded the updated version and I am glad for the fixes but there is still one house across from the store that you get stuck in the doorway if you enter it. I want to try the other mode that you added to the game as it would fill up the Pokedex faster. I am trying to figure where to go for the gym badge though. I don't know if it is after reaching the top and then going back down to the bottom or if it is on the other side of the cave with the 3 holes in the ice. But I am having fun trying to figure it out.

Another house? Really? Unbelievable. I'll probably upload a patch for this shortly.
The hardcore mode option is currently only available during the "character" customization part in the beginning.

Also, I tweaked pokémon obedience a bit so that all originally caught pokémon obey you regardless of their level. Pokémon you win from boogymen will obey you up to a certain level, but the cap has been set higher than before so ostensibly you should have no trouble. The first (real) gym is located west, beyond route 4, but you'll need to retrieve a crystal from a dungeon to access this spot. :)

Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
On route 4 are you supposed to go between the mountains behind the pond in front of the 2 houses? Or is the mountain area to be accessed from a different area? I see the npc with the wingull on top of the mountain area. Also in Oast Town if you enter the gym you can't exit it without getting stuck in the doorway. The plastic works as long as you only have 10 plastic in your bag, but to finish the quest if you don't make it into the house with the smart kid and his Glameow it crashes with an error, but if you make it into the house with zombie and you take the console and try to leave you get stuck in the doorway. If you do nothing it works fine going in and out the door. I will let you know if I find more things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
You should add in health, for your trainer character. When the monsters attack you yourself are affected by this - Pokemon Centers may be the only way to revive your trainer character, but healing machines can revive Pokemon?

Possibly, trainer characters have stamina, hunger, and other things that they'll need. Is there a plot to the game? Are you just messing around with it to see what sorts of features you might like to add in for your real game? Or if you add too many new things (like what I just mentioned) would that be too much of a revamp?

I really like the concept, but I feel like its still in its early stages of development, yeah. No where near to being done. If possible, I would love to help out by pitching ideas if possible, I can't really draw, compose or develop anything but I'm more of an idea/writer person myself, and I'd love to make a game. i see this being a highly anticipated game along with Pokemon Phoenix Rising, if you take your time with it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I liked the idea to have tools like the pickaxe for your trainer character to quip for himself to smash boulders, but what if he actually used them against the monsters themselves instead of just battling them with Pokemon? I felt like the monsters needed more depth, there needed to be a battle system for the monsters for them alone.

Maybe a secret base that you could set up for yourself and build around and grow things like special berries for your Pokemon, make Pokemon food, items to revive them with if they die, recruit people to help them get their stolen Pokemon back from the monsters, craft weapons, etc. There really doesn't need to be a gym or an Elite Four at all, this could be all there is, really, just running around crafting stuff and beating monsters and saving Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
will there be mega evolution in this game and are legendarys out yet and if not when

Years
You should add in health, for your trainer character. When the monsters attack you yourself are affected by this - Pokemon Centers may be the only way to revive your trainer character, but healing machines can revive Pokemon?
Er, so once the player engages in a battle he/she would lose stamina regardless of whether they win or lose? Once you become too tuckered out, you'd have to find a pokecenter asap or else you'd automatically lose upon confronting a monster, right? But I feel like the stakes are raised high enough as is that implementing stamina would be redundant, but it's definitely something to look into, perhaps as an optional challenge (like perma-death).

Is there a plot to the game? ... Or if you add too many new things (like what I just mentioned) would that be too much of a revamp?
Of course there's a plot! There's a plot, as well as a new "team" of bad guys (like Team Rocket, Team Plasma, etc.) in the making. Also, I will revamp Pokémon as much as I have to to make it an interesting and fun game :)

I really like the concept, but I feel like its still in its early stages of development, yeah. No where near to being done. If possible, I would love to help out by pitching ideas if possible, I can't really draw, compose or develop anything but I'm more of an idea/writer person myself, and I'd love to make a game. i see this being a highly anticipated game along with Pokemon Phoenix Rising, if you take your time with it.
Thanks! And you betcha, it is NOWHERE near completion. It's an ambitious project that's being tackled by merely one person (me). Development would be expedited tenfold if I had an apt mapmaker, so that's mostly what I'm looking for. Ideas, not so much, but PM me and we can work something out.

I liked the idea to have tools like the pickaxe for your trainer character to quip for himself to smash boulders, but what if he actually used them against the monsters themselves instead of just battling them with Pokemon? I felt like the monsters needed more depth, there needed to be a battle system for the monsters for them alone.
The pickaxe, weed killer, and hammer are solely there to replace HMs at the moment. If I make a separate overworld battle system, THAT would make the game seem too much like a revamp.

Maybe a secret base that you could set up for yourself and build around and grow things like special berries for your Pokemon, make Pokemon food, items to revive them with if they die, recruit people to help them get their stolen Pokemon back from the monsters, craft weapons, etc. There really doesn't need to be a gym or an Elite Four at all, this could be all there is, really, just running around crafting stuff and beating monsters and saving Pokemon.
This is a good idea....Like, you know how when you play something like GTA, you spend hours on side quests and gleaning rewards while straying from the actual main storyline. It'd be fun and addicting if done correctly—plus, side quests wouldn't necessarily require more mapping to be done. I'll look into this. Ty

will there be mega evolution in this game and are legendarys out yet and if not when

There is mega evolution at the moment, but you don't really get the stones until later in the demo. I'm also sure that legendaries will play a big role in future updates.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Permission denied when trying to download 3.0.

Edit: Strange, I get permission denied if I rightlick open in new tab, but goes through if I just open in current tab.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Just got feebas from one of those zombies and I was wondering: how do you evolve feebas?
(Or magmar for that matter.)
Also, you've placed TM73 Thunder Wave at 2 different places.
1 suggestion: don't make those starters from the side quest lvl25, makes them miss a few good attacks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
alright i wanted to ask this quick, as i just downloaded this last night and am getting around to playing it now.

are the Sail fossil and Jaw fossil available? i've been searching for all the fossils before going back to 'dad' but haven't found them yet. i just wanted to make sure so i'm not running around like a fool. lol

Years
Permission denied when trying to download 3.0.

Edit: Strange, I get permission denied if I rightlick open in new tab, but goes through if I just open in current tab.
That is rather strange. I'll mention that in the download section, thanks.

Just got feebas from one of those zombies and I was wondering: how do you evolve feebas?
(Or magmar for that matter.)
Also, you've placed TM73 Thunder Wave at 2 different places.
1 suggestion: don't make those starters from the side quest lvl25, makes them miss a few good attacks.
I believe I put a heartscale somewhere later on. Use the heartscale on the feebas; no trading is necessary. Also, thanks for the tips. I'll fix it all in the next patch!

alright i wanted to ask this quick, as i just downloaded this last night and am getting around to playing it now.

are the Sail fossil and Jaw fossil available? i've been searching for all the fossils before going back to 'dad' but haven't found them yet. i just wanted to make sure so i'm not running around like a fool. lol
Unfortunately, no, sorry. I'm debating whether I should make those two available in the beginning or if they should be rewarded by means of a side quest.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
good thing i stopped running around like a fool then! lol i ended up going with Aerodactlyl since i tend to do well with that one. rather fun so far. haven't run into anything buggy yet either.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Is it possible to have Boogymen spawn randomly upon entering a new map rather than only via script? That would be pretty sweet.

good thing i stopped running around like a fool then! lol i ended up going with Aerodactlyl since i tend to do well with that one. rather fun so far. haven't run into anything buggy yet either.

You are a heathen

PRAISE HELIX!

Years
NEW PATCH. Read "Progress/Downloads" for more info.
Download it here as well.

Hey, just finished your game, and I wanted to say I LOVED it.

First off,

Spoiler: game spoiler, you've been warned
I was absolutely devastated when Shaymin got ghoulied. I tried using save files to save him, but I couldn't get past the super fast one or go back up through the lighthouse :(

Also, the egg I got from that glitched out when it hatched, something about animation 218 missing, or something like that? I would presume it's a shaymin egg, but I wouldn't know

Second, I really love how you get to pick your pokemon from the ghouls you defeat early on. It would be nice though if you could catch them with pokeballs as well - I don't know if that's possible or not, haven't tried it.

Third, the gym in the tiny, drowning village is glitched - I can get in, but I get stuck in the door going out. Luckily I saved before going in and didn't save in there or I would've been furious.

Music would be nice (i've been using the bike as much as possible for it) but I understand that you're a one man team and it's not that important.

Fourth, it would be nice if I could go back into the museum/underground bunker to battle the ghouls I left behind down there.

Fifth, for the life of me, I could not find the shell fossil at the start - not to much of a problem since I wanted Aerodactyl anyways, but still, I looked a lot.

I'd say the game's greatest problem is the pacing of the story - a lot happens early on, but then the open-world nature of your game bogs the story down. On the other hand, that open-world approach is your greatest strength, it's loads of fun looking around for stuff. Retraversal's a pain, it'd be nice if there were teleporters or the like scattered across the towns that you could activate.

I think that's everything I have to say. I'd love to help, but I'm low on time and lower still on programming know how. All the same, best of luck!

I've fixed the egg crash issue with the latest patch. Also, in the latest patch the player shouldn't be getting stuck in doorways anymore.

I'm sorry about the music :/ I recommend you turn off what music is available and listen to your own music instead for the time being :)

What is the shell fossil? Is that tirtouga or omanyte?
Spoiler:

Hmmm, pacing you say? Well, while I agree that a lot happens in the beginning, I also know there are rather intricate events that happen sporadically throughout, such as the Job Corps mission, the dream mission, and the thunder ruins mission. I'll take note of that though. ALSO, it's been suggested by someone else that I add a kind of side quest system that can be accessed regardless of how far you've gotten in the game. It'll be loads of fun wasting your time on side quests and taking a break from the main storyline! Thanks so much for the feedback by the way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I'll try out your game. Did you get your gen VI battler sprites from Bulbapedia? If so ( I did this as well for my game) is that if you open them the actual sprites are the same size as say the gen V battlers, it is just that the transparency inflates the image size. Once you cut the image sizes down to the right size, you'll be fine! If you're using GIMP don't resize the image... simply change the canvas size.

Years
I've still been working on RUN here and there, so just letting everyone know that it will resume development full throttle this summer. Here are some things you can expect from the upcoming updates (besides more story, of course!):

- SIDEQUESTS;
- A huge, winding ruin village;
- Badges that can be equipped that affect gameplay in certain ways, such as upping the catchrate on pok?balls;
- A new active item, the TELEPORTER. Set landmarks and then teleport back and forth between them;
- A new dungeon mission that requires the teamwork of TWO of your party pok?mon;
- and more fixes. Thank you TISSUEPAPERGHOST for bringing my attention to the girl trainer's sprite issue.

Also, in the following image is a suspicious new chamber that puts caught legendaries to good use. ;)
7SPhVwPbi.png

I'll try out your game. Did you get your gen VI battler sprites from Bulbapedia? If so ( I did this as well for my game) is that if you open them the actual sprites are the same size as say the gen V battlers, it is just that the transparency inflates the image size. Once you cut the image sizes down to the right size, you'll be fine! If you're using GIMP don't resize the image... simply change the canvas size.
I believe I got them from the regular essentials pack. I also had to resize and adjust each sprite (and overworld sprite) to consist with older sprites. If you need them, I can send the resized sprites to you.

Years
Hi there.. I'm enjoying the game! There's a bug in Oasis town (I believe?) In the gym. When you exit, I think the spot the player teleports to is on the door... So I'm stuck. :( Would you mind maybe helping me get out of this mess with my save file?

Years
Hi there.. I'm enjoying the game! There's a bug in Oasis town (I believe?) In the gym. When you exit, I think the spot the player teleports to is on the door... So I'm stuck. :( Would you mind maybe helping me get out of this mess with my save file?

I hope you didn't save while stuck in the door! Try installing this patch http://www.mediafire.com/file/s458b1pcbje161k/Patch_3.2.zip
Let me know if that works

EDIT: Wait, I don't think it'll ever work, even if I fix it, because RPGXP is aBSOLUTELY buggered. It will need a standalone update to fix, unfortunately :( Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Years
NEW UPDATE! That means more gameplay, more places to explore, more mechanics, even some...ORIGINAL MUSIC? I've done about 75% of battle music (minus wild battles), and like 10% of overworld music, but that's still something. If you dig it, message me and I can link you to my personal music page ;)

Also, please check out the new trailer to see some cool gameplay moments! At this stage, let's plays are very welcome, just link me to them! And as always, if any spriters want to get involved, let me know. That's pretty much it, have fun!

Back