• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Retired Champion - A strategy-based Pokémon fangame (v1.0.6)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just meant like its end game so I either have to win every battle or try again. I have to reset everytime lol. Either way it's all goodm hope tournaments can come would be fun doing fe or Ubers. Maybe even babies or the other formats too 😆

Last edited:
    Years
  • Eyooo I have a suggestion, so I was playing this fangame Pokémon Empyrean and they had this neat feature that is quick-saving, it's just saving but the dialogues cut and all I have to do is press Ctrl-S which is really convenient cause I don't have to reopen the menu every time just to save.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just meant like its end game so I either have to win every battle or try again. I have to reset everytime lol. Either way it's all goodm hope tournaments can come would be fun doing fe or Ubers. Maybe even babies or the other formats too 😆
    Some update for you:
    • I'm currently planning the tournament, I still haven't decided yet if I want to include it in the story or not. But the tournament is going to happen. No sure how and how long it'll take but it's going to happen.
    • I'm thinking about a new fun-oriented tier, a bit like Monotype.
    • My other ideas of tiers really bother me, in particular the "Category Swap" tier (all physical moves become special and conversely). I need to change many things in the code.
    • Also I have made your wish come true, Foxy will propose to chain Battle Royales :)
    I will add these features to the game in the big update, with Gen 9 content. I don't have a release date of course, it will be probably in like 6 months lol.

Eyooo I have a suggestion, so I was playing this fangame Pokémon Empyrean and they had this neat feature that is quick-saving, it's just saving but the dialogues cut and all I have to do is press Ctrl-S which is really convenient cause I don't have to reopen the menu every time just to save.
    The feature is already included; press "S" to quicksave. I should have left the player know though. Like at the beginning, when they grab their items ^^"

ARE THERE GYMS HERE ?
    No gyms, no badges, no Elite 4. For once someone tried something different to the usual formula :)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this game so far :).

I'm not sure if it's my laptop's problem, but my game has frozen a few times over the past few days, usually towards the end of a battle. The game would start freezing for a few seconds, before finally crashing once the battle is almost over. I've attached the error log text file to my comment.

View attachment errorlog.txt

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I finished the game yesterday, No wipe until
    Spoiler:
    and I lost only once because Heal pulse targeted the oponent instead of my own pokemon (there are some issues with targeting sometimes in the game).

Overall the story is simple but quite cool : a champion, looking for good fight, wanting to protect pokemons, in its amusement park with its friend. I missed a little the feeling of exploration, I understood fast that talking to NPC was not really interesting (excluding story related ones) but..as you said, you focused on gameplay. And Arceus, that was good.
    Technically the game is impressive. From building your own team in five minutes from scratch to differents fight modes, new abilities, new moves, new forms... I really enjoyed battling
    Spoiler:

Boss fight, even if they are rare, were also good
    Spoiler:

Oh and I loved some details,
    Spoiler:

Now, some things I want to point out :
    - Musics in battles are way louder than outside battle. I adjusted my sound to the level of battle music and so missed the overworld music.
    - Back sprites are little compared to front sprites, I felt like fighting giant pikachu with my tiny Tyranitar that was...strange x)
    - Sets designed by the AI are sometimes crappy, but regarding the quantity of data you did implement, that's note a big issue. Oh and the battle AI is dumb, like trying to go for max guard three times in a row but..welll, that's Pokemon Essentials AI, you can't really do something about it whitout reworking it from scratch so that's ok.
    - No precise docs about changes, they are just mentionned in the word but... that's not really clear, base power of moves, new forms, new abilities, and it prevented me from trying new cool stuff. Maybe just an issue in my part ^^"
    - Be more clear about controls. The first time I played, I didn't found controls, how to activate the menu and F1 was note working the way it does in base essentials. Maybe a little sentence about esc being the menu button could be good.

And just some minor things :
    - being sad about Mikhail talking about its Bug team and lot and ending having a fire monotype team during the wedding :/
    - poltergeist being a spread move ?
    - white herb not activating upon intimidate
    - Held items (consumable ones) diseappearing after each fight
    - targetting issues, sometimes I tried to target my allies or a specific ennemy and it's choose a random one (healing a boss sometimes, woopsy).

And bugs :
    - when fighting
    Spoiler:
    , I flinched the base form with togekiss and it kept getting flinched during the whole fight whithout me attacking it
    - same fight, at the end of each turn, this message displayed. Not a critical bug, I could resume the game and eventually win it, but might be an issue :
    Spoiler:

End note : That was really a good journey, thank you for your game and... I am thinking about developping my own game and I'm interested in the battle with up to 6 pokemon (for fights against hords of pokémon for example, 1 vs 6 or things like that), is it a public ressource ?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this game so far :).

I'm not sure if it's my laptop's problem, but my game has frozen a few times over the past few days, usually towards the end of a battle. The game would start freezing for a few seconds, before finally crashing once the battle is almost over. I've attached the error log text file to my comment.

From what I'm seeing, it's because the game takes too much time to load a graphics for an animation. Do you happen to know which move triggers the error?
    Or maybe, are you playing on a USB flash drive?
    Or is you computer very busy while you play? (It sometimes happen with potato laptops)

I finished the game yesterday, No wipe until
    Spoiler:
    and I lost only once because Heal pulse targeted the oponent instead of my own pokemon (there are some issues with targeting sometimes in the game).

Overall the story is simple but quite cool : a champion, looking for good fight, wanting to protect pokemons, in its amusement park with its friend. I missed a little the feeling of exploration, I understood fast that talking to NPC was not really interesting (excluding story related ones) but..as you said, you focused on gameplay. And Arceus, that was good.
    Technically the game is impressive. From building your own team in five minutes from scratch to differents fight modes, new abilities, new moves, new forms... I really enjoyed battling
    Spoiler:

Boss fight, even if they are rare, were also good
    Spoiler:

Oh and I loved some details,
    Spoiler:
    Thank you! :)

- Musics in battles are way louder than outside battle. I adjusted my sound to the level of battle music and so missed the overworld music.
    - Back sprites are little compared to front sprites, I felt like fighting giant pikachu with my tiny Tyranitar that was...strange x)
    - Sets designed by the AI are sometimes crappy, but regarding the quantity of data you did implement, that's note a big issue. Oh and the battle AI is dumb, like trying to go for max guard three times in a row but..welll, that's Pokemon Essentials AI, you can't really do something about it whitout reworking it from scratch so that's ok.
    - No precise docs about changes, they are just mentionned in the word but... that's not really clear, base power of moves, new forms, new abilities, and it prevented me from trying new cool stuff. Maybe just an issue in my part ^^"
    - Be more clear about controls. The first time I played, I didn't found controls, how to activate the menu and F1 was note working the way it does in base essentials. Maybe a little sentence about esc being the menu button could be good.
    In order:
    • Ok, good to know. This happens because the soundtracks come from different sources from Youtube and each video has its own volume... I'll try to fix this in a future patch.
    • Lol! I did notice it but ignored this issue because I cannot remake sprites.
    • The sets are generated so there may be some aberrations sometimes (can you tell me which ones though? I'll try to fix it). And Essentials AI... I refuse to work on it alone, or it would take two years of development.
    • I am not sure what more you want in this manuel, I felt it said almost everything you needed? What more information did you want?
    • Noted, I'll fix it in the next patch.

And just some minor things :
    - being sad about Mikhail talking about its Bug team and lot and ending having a fire monotype team during the wedding :/
    - poltergeist being a spread move ?
    - white herb not activating upon intimidate
    - Held items (consumable ones) diseappearing after each fight
    - targetting issues, sometimes I tried to target my allies or a specific ennemy and it's choose a random one (healing a boss sometimes, woopsy).
    • This is unfortunate, and this is due to a bug I introduced in a previous patch lol. I hate myself XD
    • Do you mean, a multi-target move?
    • I'll fix it in the next patch.
    • I'll fix it in the next patch.
    • The problem with this bug is that I fail to replicate... Did you note which move and in which type of battle this happened?

And bugs :
    - when fighting
    Spoiler:
    , I flinched the base form with togekiss and it kept getting flinched during the whole fight whithout me attacking it
    - same fight, at the end of each turn, this message displayed. Not a critical bug, I could resume the game and eventually win it, but might be an issue :
    Spoiler:
    The second bug is easy to solve, the first one needs investigation.

End note : That was really a good journey, thank you for your game and... I am thinking about developping my own game and I'm interested in the battle with up to 6 pokemon (for fights against hords of pokémon for example, 1 vs 6 or things like that), is it a public ressource ?
    There is a public resource for up to 5v5.
    In my game it's a custom script I made before that public resource was released XD
    Besides my game is made with Essentials v18.1. If you want to adapt my script, most of the 6v6 content is in the script Data/Scripts/100_Project STRAT/025_SCPokeBattle_CompleteFormats.rb, and you'll have to use the graphics from Graphics\Pictures\Battle (cursor_target.png, databox_tiny.png and databox_tiny_foe.png).

I am currently working on some more content which requires me to add content to the database. Unfortunately this has priority before I can tackle the abovementioned bugs because I don't want to make that addition on pause. I should release a patch this week-end or maybe next week.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaeger12 View Post

In order:
    Ok, good to know. This happens because the soundtracks come from different sources from Youtube and each video has its own volume... I'll try to fix this in a future patch.
    Lol! I did notice it but ignored this issue because I cannot remake sprites.
    The sets are generated so there may be some aberrations sometimes (can you tell me which ones though? I'll try to fix it). And Essentials AI... I refuse to work on it alone, or it would take two years of development.
    I am not sure what more you want in this manuel, I felt it said almost everything you needed? What more information did you want?
    Noted, I'll fix it in the next patch.

Sorry fort the delay ^^"
    - Regarding the sets, I don't remember well because I did use ones early but rapidly decided to use my own, sorry, but it was about abilities (like frisk over prankster on a bulk up setter grimsnarl), some strange moves, the like...
    - I would like it to be.. clearer. Like for moves, a column with the BP, the % of an effect, things like that...for abilities, more details, like for the unown, is there a limit to the raise in stats (+5 in every stat with 6 unowns ?)... It's not that important to be honest

- About poltergeist, yes, an opponent did hit my two pokemons with it
    - about targetting issue, it was particulary on the
    Spoiler:
    fight, with heal pulse with my meganium, I couldn't use it on my partners. I selected the good battler but every time it was just healing the opponent. I also remember one time my dynamax Kingdra Max Airstream being unabled to target something else than its partner

Thanks for your ressource, and your game !

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry fort the delay ^^"
    - Regarding the sets, I don't remember well because I did use ones early but rapidly decided to use my own, sorry, but it was about abilities (like frisk over prankster on a bulk up setter grimsnarl), some strange moves, the like...
    - I would like it to be.. clearer. Like for moves, a column with the BP, the % of an effect, things like that...for abilities, more details, like for the unown, is there a limit to the raise in stats (+5 in every stat with 6 unowns ?)... It's not that important to be honest

- About poltergeist, yes, an opponent did hit my two pokemons with it
    - about targetting issue, it was particulary on the
    Spoiler:
    fight, with heal pulse with my meganium, I couldn't use it on my partners. I selected the good battler but every time it was just healing the opponent. I also remember one time my dynamax Kingdra Max Airstream being unabled to target something else than its partner

Thanks for your ressource, and your game !

In order:
    • Abilities were always a big issue for me. Apart from the sets that only make sense from the ability (Pranskter Screen setters for example), I didn't find a way to favour certain abilities for certain movesets.
    • +5 for 6 Unowns indeed. I thought they were just clear enough for you to test ingame.
    • Ok. I'll keep this in mind. I couldn't replicate for now.
    • Same, I'll investigate more, but I couldn't replicate for now.

I've just released a patch fixing the bugs you mentioned, except the targetting issues because I could not replicate :(

Patch notes:
    • Solved the error giving a wrong team to an NPC in Chapter 4.
    • Solved an error thrown by the boss battle of Chapter 7.
    • White Herb now works properly upon Intimidate.
    • Consumable held items remain at the end of battle.

I have also modified a few things:
    • The panel now proposes weird rules more often
    • Foxy now proposes chained Battle Royales

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    LY4tmLX.jpg

YBMHdmu.jpg

so i finished the game, so much fun!

Spoiler:

Wow did you play it on android ?

Years
  • EYOOO will you make a Discord server for this game? It would be cool to chat with other people and share our teams and help other players build their own teams as well. Just a suggestion tho.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can we play the game on android?
    I don't know if this is up to date, or even if it works, but I found this on Google: https://www.pokemoncoders.com/play-rpg-maker-games-android/

EYOOO will you make a Discord server for this game? It would be cool to chat with other people and share our teams and help other players build their own teams as well. Just a suggestion tho.
    I do have a Discord but it was intended for the beta-testers. Maybe if my game becomes popular I'll extend it to regular players too. Now that the beta-testing is over, my server is pretty much silent XD

Years
  • I do have a Discord but it was intended for the beta-testers. Maybe if my game becomes popular I'll extend it to regular players too. Now that the beta-testing is over, my server is pretty much silent XD

Oh, dope! We just need to wait for it to have a larger player base. I really need opinions on the teams I make. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I would support a Discord Link, it could be very interesting to report bugs and to discuss our teams !

Years
  • Hello, first of all good job on this game, I'm liking it a lot!
    Alas, I'm currently stuck in the first chapter: when I try to fly to "friend" with Skarmory, I see for a moment the new location, then the game crashes with the message Script 'Main' line 14: RunTime error occurred. Traceback is too big. Output in traceback.log
    Here's the traceback:
    Spoiler:

I run on Windows 8.1 with locale set to Italian, I don't know if that helps.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, first of all good job on this game, I'm liking it a lot!
    Alas, I'm currently stuck in the first chapter: when I try to fly to "friend" with Skarmory, I see for a moment the new location, then the game crashes with the message Script 'Main' line 14: RunTime error occurred. Traceback is too big. Output in traceback.log
    Here's the traceback:
    Spoiler:

I run on Windows 8.1 with locale set to Italian, I don't know if that helps.

Thanks for playing and thanks for reporting the bug!
    It was a stupid bug lol.
    This means that none of my beta-testers and past players have chosen Johto as their first region XD
    It's solved in Patch 1.0.6 :)

Back