• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Retired Champion - A strategy-based Pokémon fangame (v1.0.6)

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

Ok, here's my intuition. You probably run Windows with a non-European build, and I have the intuition that the French "é" might be the issue.

Rename:

Pokémon Retired Champion.exe to Pokemon Retired Champion.exe (replace "é" with "e")
    Pokémon Retired Champion.ini to Pokemon Retired Champion.ini (replace "é" with "e")

Also, open Game.ini and Pokemon Retired Champion.ini, there's again a line with "Pokémon" with the "é", replace the "é" with a simple "e".

Now retry to run the game.

If it's not that I'll have to see later, I'm at work, I cannot do much more ^^"

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Ok, here's my intuition. You probably run Windows with a non-European build, and I have the intuition that the French "é" might be the issue.

Rename:

Pokémon Retired Champion.exe to Pokemon Retired Champion.exe (replace "é" with "e")
    Pokémon Retired Champion.ini to Pokemon Retired Champion.ini (replace "é" with "e")

Also, open Game.ini and Pokemon Retired Champion.ini, there's again a line with "Pokémon" with the "é", replace the "é" with a simple "e".

Now retry to run the game.

If it's not that I'll have to see later, I'm at work, I cannot do much more ^^"

Oops, I'm very sorry for disturbing you at work.
    My issue here is not an urgent one, please focus on your work before attempting to solve this for me.
    thank you very much for your time and good luck with your work.

PS already correct "e" as you suggest, still does not work.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Oops, I'm very sorry for disturbing you at work.
    My issue here is not an urgent one, please focus on your work before attempting to solve this for me.
    thank you very much for your time and good luck with your work.

PS already correct "e" as you suggest, still does not work.

No problem, it's on me if I decide to reply :)
    Send me your Discord by PM please, I'll add you to the server of the beta-testers, it will be easier for me to help you this way.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    Wwwwwwwwoooooaaaa move the mechanics, the showdown aspect, the tiers, everything! Thanks for making such an interesting game

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    I have 2 prolbem when build my team:
    1. i can't move to decide what team i build(default is [FE] Teams 2 cause it's in first slot).
    2. when i finish my team, get out and try to enter pc again, the game crash.

traceback.log
    PS: I try to upload a pic of the error but i can't(or just don't khow how)

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Wwwwwwwwoooooaaaa move the mechanics, the showdown aspect, the tiers, everything! Thanks for making such an interesting game

I have 2 prolbem when build my team:
    1. i can't move to decide what team i build(default is [FE] Teams 2 cause it's in first slot).
    2. when i finish my team, get out and try to enter pc again, the game crash.

traceback.log
    PS: I try to upload a pic of the error but i can't(or just don't khow how)

1. If you have zero team, you can only access the first slot. If you have one team, you can only access the first two slots. If that's what you mean, then there is no issue here :)
    2. I don't have access to this file. Can you copy/paste the content of traceback.log (use [SPOILER ] (content)[/SPOILER])

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022

1. If you have zero team, you can only access the first slot. If you have one team, you can only access the first two slots. If that's what you mean, then there is no issue here :)
    2. I don't have access to this file. Can you copy/paste the content of traceback.log (use [SPOILER ] (content)[/SPOILER])

Thank for fast respond

Spoiler:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thank for fast respond

Spoiler:

How many teams do you have? Do you mind if we talk about that on Discord? I'd like to see your save file.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    How many teams do you have? Do you mind if we talk about that on Discord? I'd like to see your save file.

i just have 1 team cause i can't move 2 other slot after i finish first team and i got crash when try get out and enter the pc again.
    i don't have discord account and where are the save file location anyway?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    i just have 1 team cause i can't move 2 other slot after i finish first team and i got crash when try get out and enter the pc again.
    i don't have discord account and where are the save file location anyway?

The savefile is in : "C:\Users\PC\Saved Games\Pokémon Retired Champion" (On Windows)
    Send your savefile by PM. Don't put it on Drive, attach it to the message.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    The savefile is in : "C:\Users\PC\Saved Games\Pokémon Retired Champion" (On Windows)
    Send your savefile by PM. Don't put it on Drive, attach it to the message.

When i got this problem, i think my team is problem so i restart to try build some random team but it's still crash.
    This is my save (just a random team to be check)
    View attachment Game.zip

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Thank for the support, I am looking forward to it.
    Anyway, Sorry for my bad english.

Yep, I totally introduced this bug in the last patch. It should be solved now in patch 1.0.3, but you'll need to make a new game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Does the AI pick the same team for battle royale? Seems like a lot of their teams are similar mons. Maybe add some more like how you generate a team FE but for the AI. Also how can I just accept defeat? Whenever I lose it just says try again. I wanna accept losing in the battle royale modes and other mode since I beat the game lol

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Does the AI pick the same team for battle royale? Seems like a lot of their teams are similar mons. Maybe add some more like how you generate a team FE but for the AI. Also how can I just accept defeat? Whenever I lose it just says try again. I wanna accept losing in the battle royale modes and other mode since I beat the game lol

The AI is not supposed to pick the same team. It's because the teams are saved everytime you do a battle and I forgot to clear those teams in case of Battle Royales. Solved in patch v1.0.4.
    As for accept the defeat... Have you seen "Accept the defeat" elsewhere? Normally you shouldn't be able to accept the defeat for usual client battles, including Battle Royales! (except in chapter 4)
    Spoiler:

The crash bug is still there. Game is unplayable.https://ibb.co/QrMwpnp

Can you send the file "traceback.log"?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    No such file or directory - Audio/BGM/Towns Cities/XY Laverre City

002_Game_System.rb:61:in `bgm_play'
    002_Game_System.rb:61:in `bgm_play_internal2'
    002_Game_System.rb:79:in `bgm_play_internal'
    002_Game_System.rb:51:in `bgm_play'
    013_PScreen_Load.rb:416:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    013_PScreen_Load.rb:335:in `loop'
    013_PScreen_Load.rb:493:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    004_ModularTitleScreen_SceneIntro.rb:71:in `closeTitle'
    004_ModularTitleScreen_SceneIntro.rb:57:in `update'
    004_ModularTitleScreen_SceneIntro.rb:32:in `main'
    999_Main.rb:47:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    999_Main.rb:28:in `mainFunction'
    999_Main.rb:57:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    999_Main.rb:56:in `loop'
    999_Main.rb:65:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    Section000:28:in `eval'
    Section000:31:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    Section000:28:in `each'
    Section000:28:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    Section000:41:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    Section000:40:in `each'
    Section000:40:in `load_scripts_from_folder'
    Section000:45

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    No such file or directory - Audio/BGM/Towns Cities/XY Laverre City

You didn't install the Audio part or you didn't correctly. You should download the Audio (check on the main post) and put the "Audio" folder at the same level of Pokemon Retired Champion.exe.
    Note that I'm referring to the "Audio" folder, not "Pokémon Retired Champion - Audio".

Back