• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    Pokémon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

General information:

• This is a hack of Pokémon Platinum for the Nintendo DS.
    • Current version is Beta. This means it might not be perfect.
    • The overall story has (95%) not changed, hence 'Enhanced Edition'.
    • Please mind that 4rd Gen Pokémon ROM editing is still on its starting line. This means that you can not expect a full-fledged hack as, for example, in 3rd Gen Pokémon games.

Features:

• You are finally able to get all 493 Pokémon to complete your National Dex through catching or breeding. No more trading, event items etc. are needed. Most wild encounter areas have been altered (ie. meet a Pidgey on Route 201 etc.). Exceptions are some large caves, probably will be done later.
    • Even though the legendary Pokémon are mostly encountered as 'wild' encounters (due to PPRE having its bugs yet), the way to obtain information about the whereabouts of these Pokémon is unique: Certain NPCs hint at their location, as the legendary Pokémon have all been seen roaming around Sinnoh. Therefore it is important to talk to people. Are you able to locate and catch them all?
    • Obviously, legendary Pokémon such as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia etc. are still found in their proper areas.
    • The Safari Game Pokémon have been edited.
    • The 'special' Trophy Garden Pokémon have been edited. Meet most (if not all) baby Pokémon here!
    • The honey tree Pokémon have been (only slightly) changed.
    • Pokémon that appear while surfing have been mostly edited.
    • Wild Pokémon now appear less frequently in caves.
    • Various text edits, mostly in the first 30min of the game.
    • A lady is besieging your house...
    • Seems like the pond in Twinleaf Town now has a low and a deep water area...
    • You can now buy items in the Pokémon Center right before Victory Road to stock up on your items before you take the Victory Road challenge!
    • The Pokémon Wi-Fi Club is now accessible from day one! The woman that is supposed to keep you from going downwards is depressed and does not care about her job anymore...
    • The GTS is now accessible from day one! The guy blocking your path is myopic, therefore you can escape his eyes...
    • New starter Pokémon: Dratini, Bagon and Gible.
    • Dratini now learns Water Pulse (otherwise learnable by TM) instead of Leer on level 1. This has been done to balance the starter Pokémon a bit more.
    • Story has been slightly changed, but really not much.
    • The Trainers' School in Jubilife City has now evolved into a Professionals' School that will teach you about the system of effort values, or EVs in short, which is important in training Pokémon.
    • The item descriptions for Poké Balls now also display the Catch Rate.
    • The item descriptions for Vitamins now also display the EV boosts.
    • Meet stronger Trainers that use completely different teams than before: Be prepared to battle Pokémon that you would not have expected in Sinnoh before. Difficulty has been raised a little, but it's doable.
    • Meet a much stronger Top Four on first run.
    • Meet an even way more stronger Top Four on second+ runs.
    • Your rival now uses a different set of Pokémon. Be also prepared for him having the strongest team ever in a Pokémon game, once you are far enough in-game.
    • Gym leaders now use six Pokémon each, making them a harder challenge.
    • Other unique trainers also use stronger and different Pokémon.
    • When starting the game, information about PokéSav and more is being delivered which is crucial if you want your PokéDex to function correctly.
    • Every trade evolution has been eliminated and replaced:
    *Clamperl does now either evolve with a Water Stone into Gorebyss or by level up (level 38) into Huntail.
    *Rhydon evolves into Rhyperior on Level 58.
    *Electabuzz evolves into Electivire on Level 50.
    *Magmar evolves into Magmortar on Level 50.
    *Porygon into Porygon2 on Level 38.
    *Porygon2 into Porygon-Z on Level 52.
    *Dusclops into Dusknoir on Level 55.
    *Seadra into Kingdra on level 49.
    *Kadabra into Alakasam on level 38.
    *Machoke into Machamp on lvl 40.
    *Graveler into Golem on lvl 41.
    *Haunter into Gengar on lvl 40.
    *The rest of the trade pokemon (see: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade#Pok.C3.A9mon_which_evolve_when_traded ) on lvl 38.
    • You now have a Town Map hanging in your room. Well, isn't that just nifty!
    • Probably some other stuff that I forgot.

Possible future additions:

• Bug: Rival always chooses Turtwig as its starter, try to fix this.
    • Try to find a way to provide the player with a National Dex early in-game.
    • Probably change in-game trades.
    • Once PPRE allows scripting more easy and is more versatile, try to make one-time events for legendaries. Also try to activate events such as for Darkrai or Azureus.
    • Change wild encounters in areas such as Turnback Cave which I mostly haven't bothered to touch.
    • Some legendary Pokémon are really hard to find, might change that. But maybe not.
    • Locate bugs, delete them.
    • Locate spelling or grammatics mistakes, delete them.
    • Locate logical errors, delete them.
    • ? Suggest!
    Notes:

• It sure sucks that I can't attach files or even links to websites or pictures without having >15 posts.
    • Thanks to people that have provided hex editing tutorials or tools, including (in no order) pichu2000, thethethethe, D-Trogh, SCV, loadingNOW and all others that are doing DPP research.
    • Don't try to trim the ROM, my ROM stopped working that way! No trimming also allows in-game resets.
    • I hope I posted in the right forum section.
    Tools used:

• Hxd Hex editor
    • Crystal Tile Hex editor
    • Nitro Explorer
    • No$gba & DeSmuME
    • Wild Pokemon Encounter Editor
    • thenewpoketext
    • PPTE
    • PPRE
    • Safari Game Editor
    • Trophy Garden Editor
    • Honey Tree Editor
    • xdelta
    • My Nintendo DS :)
    • (some I forgot probably)
    • ... and various tutorials, such as pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4044515 or pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131283 . Thanks again!
    Download:
    You can download the old Beta 1 here (add three w's before the link.):
    quickfilepost.[com]/download.do?get=067e351b08d0eeb7883266408acb29b3

UPDATE: Download the newest version here:
    gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5819

I hope that you can enjoy my 'hack'.

-- JePP (or Wolfsclaw on other forums), 2009

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    It Sounds Truely awsome good idea!! I Just downloaded the Beta! I'll Test it and tell you if i find any bugs!
    Best Of Luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    I can't really put up screenshots because this forum doesn't allow me to.

I have updated my post with Beta 2, now the ROM size is only about 78MB, saving a lot of space for all the flashcard users (like me) :)

Southparkerstan

Beggining ROM hacker- mapper
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Wow, a platinum rom hack! That's news to me! I can't wait until someone makes a DPP mapping tool.

Looks like a fun hack! Event/Version Exlusive pokemon always really ticked me off, so it'll be nice to play a game where I don't have to worry about a pokemon's availability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Have you by any chance messed around with the odds of finding a shiny? Cause if you haven't, I just got my very first legal shiny! :D Shiny Zubat in the Oreburgh mine!

How far are you with the text editing? Do you plan to do it for the rest of the game (more or less)? Cause although it was still Platinum, I felt as if I was playing a brand new game just because of the more interesting text and not all the "pokemon...love...friendship...rainbows...hearts...farts...unicorns...pokemon" that the originals are 90%. Good job!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    *Oh, for screenshots you need 15 posts first.
    Have you by any chance messed around with the odds of finding a shiny? Cause if you haven't, I just got my very first legal shiny! :D Shiny Zubat in the Oreburgh mine!

Nope I havent, congratulations on finding your shiny.

*How far are you with the text editing? Do you plan to do it for the rest of the game (more or less)? Cause although it was still Platinum, I felt as if I was playing a brand new game just because of the more interesting text and not all the "pokemon...love...friendship...rainbows...hearts...farts...unicorns...pokemon" that the originals are 90%. Good job!

Thanks, but i dont think i'll be doing much more text edits; might look into some more maybe later, for right now i've got important things to do IRL, so not that much rom hacking anymore for me for a time ;)

Anyone can easily edit the text with thenewpoketext, it's a really versatile, fast and useful tool.

By the way, this forum is seriously f.. up with its weird 15-post law. I can't even quote you guys as its interpreting brackets or quotes as URL links.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • *Oh, for screenshots you need 15 posts first.

Nope I havent, congratulations on finding your shiny.

*How far are you with the text editing? Do you plan to do it for the rest of the game (more or less)? Cause although it was still Platinum, I felt as if I was playing a brand new game just because of the more interesting text and not all the "pokemon...love...friendship...rainbows...hearts...farts...unicorns...pokemon" that the originals are 90%. Good job!

Thanks, but i dont think i'll be doing much more text edits; might look into some more maybe later, for right now i've got important things to do IRL, so not that much rom hacking anymore for me for a time ;)

Anyone can easily edit the text with thenewpoketext, it's a really versatile, fast and useful tool.

By the way, this forum is seriously f.. up with its weird 15-post law. I can't even quote you guys as its interpreting brackets or quotes as URL links.
    Quoting has nothing to do with the 15 post rule, nor do brackets. I think it's your internet.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Um...I really don't think Platinum needs an enhanced addition, because it is already enhanced version of D/P and it was just released like..a month in a half ago.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    Although the feedback on this forum is marginal, I'm posting this anyway for those interested:

Beta 3 can now be downloaded here:
    gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5819

(including a major bugfix)

and @naoi. I think you have completely missed the point of my rom edit.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Hey could I ask you why do you give releases this often ?
    If it doesn't take you long why not just finish it first and then give patch file for the final version (you opened this thread a week ago and beta 3 is out now) ?
    It's nothing to do with me but if it won't take you long to finish it I think you should just finish it first.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Your right, I did look at this the wrong way. I overreacted instead of reading it. :P
    That was a n00b mistake... .__.

I think I'll try this out. ;)

EDIT: The patching for the game is too hard for me to do. I understand it, but my computer is too slow and old to probably get all these files.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I really like this so far. I don't usually like text changes, but these are great. the girl telling me that Pokemon will attack you was awesome. Has anyone gotten the untrimmed version to work? The trimmed is fine, but I like using the faster movement cheats.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    This game is cool and all but bcuz you get all the key items in the beginning all the legendarie stuff is fcked up i cant even go get cresselia... help pls

Years
  • This game is cool and all but bcuz you get all the key items in the beginning all the legendarie stuff is fcked up i cant even go get cresselia... help pls

I doubt you're going to get any responses on a seven-year old thread whose OP hasn't been on PC for four years. Either way, thread revival breaks the rules in the Sideshow Showcase.

In the event that you do return, JePP, just contact myself or Christos. Note you would also need to then update the thread, as it is lacking any screenshots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back