• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Temporary Closed Wild grass Battle.

FireFig

Ignite
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    So I want to write a script like a man sprays repel in the route (the hero is without a starter) so the hero can move freely in the grass without battles. But.... This should disappear after a particular event takes place (the hero gets his starter)

So how do I do it. All ideas appreciated

P.S : if this involves level script can u give me an idea on how to do it

Years
  • So I want to write a script like a man sprays repel in the route (the hero is without a starter) so the hero can move freely in the grass without battles. But.... This should disappear after a particular event takes place (the hero gets his starter)

So how do I do it. All ideas appreciated

P.S : if this involves level script can u give me an idea on how to do it

I'm not sure, but I think there was something relating to this in the ASM Resource Thread, or the Quick Research and Development Thread, where you could toggle wild battles on and off.
    If it isn't, then try making a duplicate of the grass tile, but without the encounter byte. Place these in the places of the original grass tiles, and when you want encounters turned on, use the setmaptile to change the fake grass tiles into the encounter ones. I'm not sure if this will 100% work as that command is pretty slow.

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    No luck in both of them :/

So I am gonna try ur method and see if it work

or

does JPAN engine has a way for it (coz I am currently using it)

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Oh thanks anyway :)

Is it possible to script the hero use repel without the hero noticing ???

Back