• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 48 6.7%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 116 16.2%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 49 6.9%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.2%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 87 12.2%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 144 20.2%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 66 9.2%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 141 19.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    1. no, I don't even know how to get there.
    2. yes. I did

The Silph Co. building is in Stellar City, it's blocked off by a boulder that you need Strength for. You get both Strength and Surf from Comet City. Finishing the Silph Co. part of the story gives you the master ball and unlocks the psychic-type gym in Stellar City. Beating that gym should bring you up to the 7 gym badges you need to get to the final gym, though check your trainer card in case you're missing some more.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The Silph Co. building is in Stellar City, it's blocked off by a boulder that you need Strength for. You get both Strength and Surf from Comet City. Finishing the Silph Co. part of the story gives you the master ball and unlocks the psychic-type gym in Stellar City. Beating that gym should bring you up to the 7 gym badges you need to get to the final gym, though check your trainer card in case you're missing some more.
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I'm a little stuck, I'm under Game Corner and talking to (Insert Giovanni replacement here), and no text shows up so it "freezes" the game and I cant move or proceed.

I'm playing on VBA, just dl'd the game today.

EDIT: Nevermind, a reset (in VBA, like a game reset, no reopening the game) fixed it up and now he's talking.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'm not sure how often this gets checked but I have a few questions:

Anyone know good EV training locations? Or at the very least one for Attack?
    Are there any good flying moves/TMs? My Gliscor hasn't learned a single flying type attack, not expecting Acrobatics but even Wing Attack/Aerial Ace would be good.
    Locations for the mushrooms? Or do you just get them from Paras line?
    *also where to get an ability capsule? I assume it might be post game but is there anyway to get at least 1 before the elite four? I have 7 badges right now
    *Another sorry, just found out the Abra line is part electric now, I caught one for my team but it can't learn why electric attacks? Even at alakazam, can't learn any electric TMS, nothing in the move reminder? Mines at level 43, is it gonna learn something soon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Well I just used PGE to fix most of those, plus testing if vitamins were 10+ use and they were! So that's great.

Still.... Confused about the Abra line. Was them being part electric an accident? Because when I checked in PGE they had no way of learning any electric type moves, even Thunder which it can learn in the base games or Discharge which used the slot of Shock Wave which the line can also use.

Not saying that as an attack or trying to be rude. Just confused is all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2021
    hello. I'm a new here. can someone help me? I'm playing pokemon version aquamarine n now i do not know what i should do after saving Jade at Port Aurora. the door at Void Island also can not be opened. please help me😭

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    I am currently stuck! Where do you find rock smash, dive, and waterfall?if they are in the game that is?

MagusJanus

Floral Tiffy
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 28, 2022
    Hi, there's a way that we can know what is the chance of every legendary appear in the wild, or their levels? I've been trying to find the MissingNo in the Estrella Island for hours surfing, using sweet scent and nothing...

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2021
    Pokémon Aquamarine Version

Version 2.0.2 Release (4/15/2021)

It's been nearly a year since the version 1.1.4 release! I took a long break from this hack and have been wanting to get back to fix up a few bugs here and there. Naturally, I got distracted and ended up adding a ton of new things. But I hope you guys will appreciate the changes. Many thanks to everyone who gave feedback on earlier versions of the hack, I appreciate your time and effort playing!

So, what's new in 2.0.X?

Short version:
    Spoiler:

Long version (Potential Spoiler Warning):
    Spoiler:

Changes added as of 2.0.2
    Spoiler:

Older Update Notes
    Spoiler:

Rom Base: FireRed [BPRE] Version 1.0
    Language: English
    Creator: AquamarineVaporeon/Vaporeon22

Intro:
    Pokémon Aquamarine is a ROM hack of FireRed that takes place in Manta, an entirely new region based off South America. The player character mysteriously turns into a Mew, and takes on a journey as a Pokémon trainer to figure out how to turn back to human. Aquamarine has been in development since 2014, and was fully released in Version 1.0.0 as of October 2019. Currently, the ROM hack is fully playable as of Beta version 2.0.2. If anyone happens to find any bugs, please let me know!

Pokémon Aquamarine also comes in different colors!
    Pokémon Aquamarine is one out of nine variants of the same game, each corresponding with Eevee or one of its evolutions. There aren't many major differences between the variations, but the title screens are different, and the team your rival uses changes depending on the version. If you're unsure of which to play, I suggest going with your favorite!
    These variations include:
    Opal- Eevee
    Aquamarine- Vaporeon
    Topaz- Jolteon
    Garnet- Flareon
    Amethyst- Espeon
    Onyx- Umbreon
    Turquoise- Leafeon
    Quartz- Glaceon
    Zircon- Sylveon

If you're curious about what differences it makes to the Rival's team...
    Spoiler:

Story/Themes:
    Pokémon Aquamarine opens with the player character having a strange dream. A ghostly figure named Ilex claims that the player has turned into a Mew, and must embark on a journey to return to their human body.

The plotline of the game diverges whether the player chooses to play as a boy or a girl. As a boy, the player turns into a regular Mew. As a girl, the player turns into a Shiny Mew.

The following spoiler contains lore for the male plotline:
    Spoiler:

The following spoiler contains lore for the female plotline:
    Spoiler:

Aquamarine incorporates a lot of themes from both science and science fiction, including:
    Spoiler:

Features:
    • New Region based off South America
    • New Subregions based off Hawaii, Galapagos, and Antarctica
    • Starter is Eevee
    • New Story with a diverging plot depending on gender
    • Added Pokémon from Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola
    • Added custom Fakemon, including a hummingbird line, a dolphin line, and a tortoise line
    • Customized Trainers
    • Increased overall trainer level
    • Added Fairy Type
    • Added Physical/Special Split
    • Added new moves
    • Updated moves to match current generation move effects
    • Updated Pokémon learnsets so they learn a more diverse set of moves
    • Added move animations to moves not present in vanilla FireRed
    • Decapitalized most in-game text
    • All 401 Pokémon in-game are obtainable
    • Trade Evolutions obtainable through Level-Up
    • All Eevee Evolutions obtainable through Evolutionary Stones
    • Added several items from new games, including Bottle Caps, Ability Capsules, and Choice Items
    • TMs have infinite uses
    • HMs can be forgotten
    • Natures are color coded, and EV/IVs can be viewed by an appraiser
    • Pokédex accurately shows Pokémon locations and stats
    • Pokémon gain Exp. even when catching wild Pokémon
    • Magma Armor and Flame Body help hatch eggs faster
    • Added several maps, including Underground maps and maps accessible through portals

Additional Features (Spoiler Warning)
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" (Spoiler Warning)
    Spoiler:

Pokédex + New Methods of Evolution
    Spoiler:

Legendary + Special Pokémon Locations
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Art:
    Spoiler:

Tools Used:
    Spoiler:

Move Animation Credits:
    Spoiler:

Battle Mechanics Credits:
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous Credits:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Map of the Manta Region
    manta_orig.png

Map of Sevii Island Replacements
    Spoiler:

Different Version Title Screens:
    Spoiler:

Gameplay:
    aquamarine-battle-hummling_orig.png
    rivalrainer_orig.png
    aquamarine-battle-tactix_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-tierratown_orig.png
    deltabeach_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-laniakealines_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-fossilrevival_orig.png
    andromedacanal_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-stardustbridge_orig.png

aquamarine-explore-portaurora_orig.png
    foundstardust_orig.png
    aquamarine-explore-starter_orig.png

ilexintro_orig.png
    momentsbeforedisaster_orig.png
    nightsky_orig.png

Download (Version 2.0.2):
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/c8li9ijjxqcomb7/Aquamarine+2.0.2.zip/file

What's the intended way of clearing the electric gym puzzle?

Back