• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Merge

Grass Or No Grass

• Grass

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No Grass

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ac1d

Game Dev
Years
It's 85% grass at the moment in the poll.

I prefer grass (not that I've experienced sprite-chasing). I like grass to the extent that I wish cave-grass existed - I'm sick of being randomly ambushed all over the place in caves. Why can't the encounters just be away from the main path? How about a row of Max Repels stuck on lamps that act as the main way through the cave, with the encounters only (or at least mostly) taking place far away from them?

I do dislike caves. I just want to have somewhere I can wander around a bit without getting ambushed (for outside, it's anywhere that doesn't have grass on it, obviously). I'm there for the exploration, not the Zubat genocide.

Use Repels, yeah yeah. Along with TMs, I just never find myself using them (I've only ever played casually, so the TMs are unnecessary - they're for serious business only - but that doesn't seem to explain my not using Repels. Perhaps it's because I can't turn them off when I want to. Now there's another idea for my game...).

Zubat Genocide? LOL
Caves are one of the WORST things ever to come out of the pokemon games.
For example the cave (Mt.Moon is it?) on the way to cerulean. That cave is such a *****! xD

You just want to get out the damn thing, And yes, I do know the route (You learn it after a while). But even then... You seem to spent 50% of the time encountering pokemon... And yet you've only just beat the first gym.. So its either that.. Or spend all your earnings on repels :P

Maybe a HM called repel? now THAT is a good idea :D

Grass plz.

It might be repetitious but it works and it less aggravating than chasing sprites. Plus there's going to be other trainers and it might be confusing with sprites running around.

I couldn't agree more, plus i think it would cramp the game.
Imagine in an MMO.. You're running after one, and somebody else catches one... "Yo that was mine!!"; "Not Anymore, haha"; "Lets Battle *****!!!"; xD *sigh* That'd make my day seeing that :P

Shockcomp

Pokemon Galaxy Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 19, 2009
How about a form of the poke detector thingy... Like, youll be walking and you will see a flash on a thing of grass. then youll be like "O look a pkmn!" The only thing is, then people could easily avoid pkmn

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Why can't the encounters just be away from the main path? How about a row of Max Repels stuck on lamps that act as the main way through the cave, with the encounters only (or at least mostly) taking place far away from them?

Can such a thing be implemented?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I don't see why it couldn't be implemented... After all, this isn't just a ROM hack, so he can code any feature he wants (assuming enough programming knowledge :P).

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Awe man, xD You're getting me all hyped up of the possible features that I can create once I've gained enough hacking/programing skills.

Back