• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon: Tropical Region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2017
    So i was thinking that the new region could be set on like a tropical island or something due to the following reasons:

-backpacker from Kalos region
    He talks of being from a new region, one that isnt any of the already known regions, when spoken to a certain number of times he gives you a "strange souvenir" which looks like a tiki. Now, tikis are generally found in maori (new zealand) and hawiian mythology.

-images of gen 7 region
    during nintendo direct announcement, there were images shown of the new region including one depicting a tropical like area (palm trees can be seen).

-Together
    The fact that the souvenir is a tiki suggests that it would be from a tropical like area, such as hawaii or parts of new zealand, and the tropical like area shown in the pictures of gen 7 announcement could suggest that it is linked therefore to the tiki. I would guess that gen 7 region is where the backpacker is from and that the strange souvenir could possibly be useful to obtaining some kind of legendary in that region or maybe its just a hint.

Other things to mention would be that in both maori and hawiian traditions, there are myths and legends regarding the sun and the moon. With this being the names of the gen 7 games could this be another link? Perhaps the story could be loosely based on these myths?

Another theory I have is that the new games take place in kalos still, but contain new areas including the tropical area. The reasoning behind this is due to all of the unresolved mysteries in the kalos region, why would they not answer these? Furthermore, there is very little post-game in gen 6, so maybe sun and moon will rectify this by offering new areas to explore. The final clue to this also regards the palm tree, tropical like area, in that we know Kalos was based upon france so, what if the tropical island is based on one of the french owned islands in the Caribbean? Wouldnt be too far a stretch would it?

Anyway, let me know what you think, my ideas or theories could be completely wrong and probably are, but I just thought it would be worth sharing and seeing what people think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back