• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fakemon Hacks

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    So, from my first post in the "about me" sort of area on this forum, I was informed by a moderator (or possibly admin, I don't know) that this would be the place to post my question. With that being said, I'll get straight to the point and hope that someone can clue me in on a few things. If not, that's alright, no harm done.

Alright, so... 1st question:

Does anyone have a list of Fakemon hacks? I already have a bunch and I'm currently looking for more. Specifically hacks which contain ONLY fakemon and nothing else but fakemon. Of course, if there are other fakemon hacks not listed below with at least 100 fakemon to catch, then I'll be interested as well, but anyways. Here is what I have so far...

Pokemon Marble [good, beta]
    Pokemon Quartz [very good, beta]
    Pokemon Vega (+ Altair & Sirius)
    Pokemon Clover [just a demo]
    Pokemon Ambar [incomplete]
    Pokemon Fakemon FireRed [incompleted, not just fakemon yet]
    Pokemon Pekins Ruby Hack [very good, finished beta]
    Pokemon Order And Chaos [very good, beta]
    Pokemon Dragon Ball Z Team Training [beta?]
    Pokemon Flame [not translated to english yet -_-"]
    Pokemon Battle Fire [beta, incomplete]
    Pokemon Sienna [beta, incomplete]
    Pokemon Turquoise [beta, incomplete]
    Pokemon Jupiter [incomplete]

Now, for my 2nd question:

Are there any other decent Moemon hacks (where EVERY pokemon has been moe-ified) besides FireRed, Ruby, and Emerald? If I'm correct there is one for a DS game, but I was told that not every pokemon has been moe-ified and it is nowhere near complete. Furthermore, does anyone have Sapphire and LeafGreen moe-ified, or is that just not possible?

Next up is my 3rd question:

I've been see a LOT of "721" or higher patches such as the 870 patch or the 721 patch from KristianAngel89. My question is simply, do these patches actually do anything like a hack does? I mean, I've found many "variations" of these patches and resources but they don't actually seem to do anything. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a hacking expert (heck, the hack I'm working on isn't even 50% completed), but whenever I apply these patches/resources, they don't actually seem to do anything besides give you all 721 pokemon available. However, every pokemon seems to be useless and ending up knowing only "Struggle" or "Tackle". So, my question is... what do these patches actually do, are they simply for people to apply to a game then edit the game after it has been applied, or.... what?

And now my 4th question:

Are there any SIMPLE hacking tools I can use or find for editing a game? As said in one of my posts, I'm not an expert and to be frank, I still haven't actually even hacked one of my ROMs yet, but I have an idea as to what I plan on doing. So my question is, are there any tools that a simpleton like myself can use with some minor skill? I'm not looking to go all out and make the next "hack of the year", kind of just something different from the same old repeated creations I'm seeing, something that isn't "I want to be a pokemon master", something that isn't "I'm going to save the world from a disaster". Like don't get me wrong, there are so many amazing hacks out there which are pretty much a repeat of everything else, but I want to step outside of the so-called "norm" and make a Pokemon game which isn't the same old slogan time and time again. So the question as it stands is, can you inform me as to what tools I should get for someone that isn't a hacking genius or hacking pro? I've been mentioned to use the "Advanced Series" of which are REALLY good so far, so are there any similar tools? I'm looking for a TEXT EDITOR and MAP EDITOR at the moment. Scripting isn't a big deal, since I will most likely just remove a lot of characters and add in new ones simply for battling.

I was going to get "Advance Text", but 1) I can't get it to work 2) every version I've found so far (besides this version I found from a YouTube link called "Purdy's Tools" or something) is infected with a BUNCH of viruses and malware. So as I mentioned, I'm looking for something simple. I remember "Advance Text" was obnoxiously simple and you could edit the game from within the game to see what it would look like as you edited it.

Also, I'm guessing that "Advance Map" is the best one so far as well? If so, can you direct me to an UNINFECTED version of it? Every single version I've come across is also bombed with viruses and malware for some reason -_-"

AND LAST... but not least, my final question:

If it works, are there any POKEMON hacked games you would like for me to translate? I've noticed one of the biggest issues is that a LOT of really good games don't seem to be in English and I'm guessing nobody else has thought about doing this, but if you would like, I'll take the time to translate these games for you (of course if others want to join in, that'd be swell(ow)). [Yeah, I'm ashamed I made that Pokemon joke]

But seriously, I've seen a LOT of really unique and interesting hacks go to waste (or well, go un-noticed) because nobody has a clue what they are saying and in my head I'm just like "why not take text line after text line and run it through a few translators to get a somewhat accurate idea as to what it is saying and translate a bunch of hacks which seem to not be in English."

OH crap, I almost forgot, that actually wasn't my final question, this is my final question:

[Sorry!] Are there any hacks which turn any of the Pokemon games into Battle Factory or Battle Frontier (as well as a Pokemon Stadium) variation? I've already come across "Pokemon Red: Battle Factory" which is really good, but the sad thing is, there isn't anything outside of that I've seen. Like, one of my all time favorite Pokemon games is Pokemon Stadium, I like the idea of picking out a small team from randomly selected Pokemon and giving it your all, but the problem is, I haven't seen any hacks like that besides the Battle Factory hack for Pokemon Red (GB). Then, when I finally did find a hack like that, the link to it on Reddit is DEAD. So unless you can find me that reddit hack, are there any others like playing Pokemon Stadium or Battle Factory/Battle Frontier without all the extra data? Just a good ol' battle fiesta...

Here's the hack from Reddit I'm taking about which has nothing but DEAD links.

reddit(DOT)com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/4ni1u3/battle_frontierbattle_factoryetc/

reddit(DOT)com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/1t9e55/is_there_a_rom_where_i_can_just_do_battle_frontier/

[NOTE: replace "(DOT)" with "."] <<<Sorry but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post links or not and I really would like some help or something regarding this.

Years
    • Seen today
    Next up is my 3rd question:

I've been see a LOT of "721" or higher patches such as the 870 patch or the 721 patch from KristianAngel89. My question is simply, do these patches actually do anything like a hack does? I mean, I've found many "variations" of these patches and resources but they don't actually seem to do anything. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a hacking expert (heck, the hack I'm working on isn't even 50% completed), but whenever I apply these patches/resources, they don't actually seem to do anything besides give you all 721 pokemon available. However, every pokemon seems to be useless and ending up knowing only "Struggle" or "Tackle". So, my question is... what do these patches actually do, are they simply for people to apply to a game then edit the game after it has been applied, or.... what?

And now my 4th question:

Are there any SIMPLE hacking tools I can use or find for editing a game? As said in one of my posts, I'm not an expert and to be frank, I still haven't actually even hacked one of my ROMs yet, but I have an idea as to what I plan on doing. So my question is, are there any tools that a simpleton like myself can use with some minor skill? I'm not looking to go all out and make the next "hack of the year", kind of just something different from the same old repeated creations I'm seeing, something that isn't "I want to be a pokemon master", something that isn't "I'm going to save the world from a disaster". Like don't get me wrong, there are so many amazing hacks out there which are pretty much a repeat of everything else, but I want to step outside of the so-called "norm" and make a Pokemon game which isn't the same old slogan time and time again. So the question as it stands is, can you inform me as to what tools I should get for someone that isn't a hacking genius or hacking pro? I've been mentioned to use the "Advanced Series" of which are REALLY good so far, so are there any similar tools? I'm looking for a TEXT EDITOR and MAP EDITOR at the moment. Scripting isn't a big deal, since I will most likely just remove a lot of characters and add in new ones simply for battling.

I was going to get "Advance Text", but 1) I can't get it to work 2) every version I've found so far (besides this version I found from a YouTube link called "Purdy's Tools" or something) is infected with a BUNCH of viruses and malware. So as I mentioned, I'm looking for something simple. I remember "Advance Text" was obnoxiously simple and you could edit the game from within the game to see what it would look like as you edited it.

Also, I'm guessing that "Advance Map" is the best one so far as well? If so, can you direct me to an UNINFECTED version of it? Every single version I've come across is also bombed with viruses and malware for some reason -_-"

[NOTE: replace "(DOT)" with "."] <<<Sorry but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post links or not and I really would like some help or something regarding this.

721 rombases are just that, bases that you can build a hack around. They aren't standalone, and typically don't change the wild pokemon data.

For a clean, no-virus download of A-Map, there's no better place to get it than the official site. As for a Text editor, I use XSE even though that is a script editor because you can access the text there as well. The only link I could find for Advance-Text is this one on Hack Rom Tools (The password is HackRomTools), though I get an error when I try to open it and it doesn't work for me. I have some links to other tools, tutorials, and other useful thread in my signature. if you want to check that. You can also check out the Tools, Tutorials & Resources forum as well as Research & Development so you can make your hack above and beyond.

And you have 15 posts as of my post, so you most certainly can post links (at 5 posts) and images (at 15 posts.)

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016

To get it to work what I do is I download it from this link:

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/427/

But it won't open, its missing two files. You have to download both of the files below:

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/C/COMDLG32.OCX/6.01.9782/download.html

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/C/COMCTL32.OCX/6.00.8105/download.html

Put both the files in your Advance Text folder. Drag both of the files into Advance Text, then when you run Advance Text run it as admin. That should get it working again.

EDIT: You are welcome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    My all time fav is still light platinum or old white, gotta go with the best.

Back