• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing ROMs on an acutual video game device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    Playing ROMs on an actual video game device?

ManInTheMask here!

It's nice to play ROMs on a PC, but what about playing any ROM, anytime and anywhere? You'd need the right device/emulator to do so!

Here's one that I know of so far. For all you Wii users that want the upcoming Wii U, DON'T GET RID OF YOUR WII!!!!! If you have access to the Homebrew Channel, and downloads the VBA GX app to it, you can save ROMs to the ROMs folder, and play them on your Wii! The Homebrew Browser should have other emulators too. However, there's a wierd skip that randomly happens during your play. CRAZY HUH?!

Sadly, that's the only emulator I know of so far.......:tired:

HOWEVER!

If any of you people know a device that can play ROMs on any video game handheld or console system, PLEASE let me know in the COMMENTS!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Update 10/22/11:

I have heard that you can play GBA Roms on an iPod Touch or iPhone as long as it's jailbroken I believe. For more information on how to do this, goto YouTube and find out for yourself!

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    By grabbing yaself a R4, you can then go download Lameboy.nds and any Gb/Gbc rom it let's you play and Gameboy rom anywhere. (Gba not included)

And r4's can do SNES and NES too. :P

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • EZ-flash advanced, I, II, III, and IV are all flash carts that work for playing hacks on GBA. EZ-flash V and EZ-flash VI will also work for GBA games, but only if you hav the 3 in 1 expantionpack, and a ds lite. For dsi the is an mp3 player homebrew gba emulator, but I don't have one, so I couldn't tell you how well it would work.

@nintendork15 I can mostly emulate nes and snes games. Some nes games don't work, but they are few and far between. Some also have glitches, like ninja gaiden. Almost all snes games have some graphical glitches, but quite a few are unplayable. I'd go find SNEmulDS's compat list, but I'm too lazy.

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    So far, so good! I'm looking for more suggestions! Remember, it doesn't have to be GBA only!

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    EZ-flash advanced, I, II, III, and IV are all flash carts that work for playing hacks on GBA. EZ-flash V and EZ-flash VI will also work for GBA games, but only if you hav the 3 in 1 expantionpack, and a ds lite. For dsi the is an mp3 player homebrew gba emulator, but I don't have one, so I couldn't tell you how well it would work.

@nintendork15 I can mostly emulate nes and snes games. Some nes games don't work, but they are few and far between. Some also have glitches, like ninja gaiden. Almost all snes games have some graphical glitches, but quite a few are unplayable. I'd go find SNEmulDS's compat list, but I'm too lazy.

What's the name of the DSi Mp3 Emulator? I've been searching for one of those for a while.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I use a Dingoo A320. It's a ton cheaper than a DSi after shopping around, and straight out of the box after the correct patching (just get GBATA and patch it for SRAM/Clock fixes), everything works pretty perfect, far better than VBA ever did for me... well, outside of the Emerald based games. So far, there isn't an RTC patch for those. But if you don't mind internal battery messages on Emerald and never seeing mirage island, it works great other than that.

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Yup, already tried it, my friend had it and I borrowed it. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2012
    Well, where do i start.

My PC.
    I have, besides normal PC games, of witch i have to many tbh...
    Dolphin for Wii and NGC.
    PCSX/PCSX2 for ps1 and ps2 games.
    Various Emulators for older games, NES/N64 ect.

On my PSP3000 i have CFW (forgot version, sorry)
    I have a Photofast Magic cr 5400, lets you add two micoSD cards (2 slots), so i have plenty of room on the PSP.
    I play PSP games of course, i have a gba emulator on it, and a N64 emulator on it.
    I know it can play MAME/NES/DS and loads others too.

I have a DS Phat with a SupercardDSTwo with a 8GB microsd
    Lots of ds games of course, it also plays older MAME games, older sega games(eg. saturn), nes, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA roms.

And i have a jail broken 32gb 3rd gen Ipod Touch to play itouch games.
    I know it can also play gba, gbc, nes, snes, n64 (kinda) older sega games, and some MAME games ( i think MAME support is lacking atm)
    No DS and no PSP on iTouch.

When it's all said and done, really the only games I CAN'T play are, ps3, xbox, xbox 360, and 3ds, since these all lack emulators atm.

Also if youre wondering my PC specs.
    MOBO: Asus M4A78-PRO
    CPU: AMD Phemon II Calisto 550 3.1Ghz BIOS OC to 3.4GHZ
    Ram: 4gb
    Video: ATI 5670

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2011
    Sony based platforms:

PSP: Has many different and powerful emulators, easy to hack. Emulates Most systems pre-2001 perfectly. Backups can be played with ease. (Will probably make a guide on this) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

PS3: Can be hacked if jailbroken, SNES, NES, Genesis/Megadrive, all gameboys emulated. Backups are played easily. Hacking process is kind of annoying if you have firmware +3.55

PS2: Emulates some systems decently, not recommended. Backups can be burned and played with a mod chip/disc

Nintendo Based Platforms:

DS: Flash carts available to play your NDS roms right on one cart. Carts can be as cheap as $5.00. Get the NES or SNES emulator, stay away from any other.

Nintendo Gamecube: I believe it can emulate NES, Genesis/Megadrive and SNES okay. Backups can be burned and played with a mod chip.

Nintendo Wii: Homebrew channel is easy to install, emulators are easy to set up. Burning and playing backups, however, is extremely difficult. Use for emulators only. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Microsoft Based Platforms:

X-Box: Relatively easy hacking process, if you have the requirements. There's tuts all over the internet for this. Emulation is amazing, I believe there's also a port of M.U.G.E.N. for it.

X-Box 360: Ohhhh boy. The 360. Hacking process is enough to drive you insane. STAY AWAY

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Sorry I didn't see your message sooner...
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/281715-gba-emulator-for-dsi-dsi-entry/
    Ihis is a link to ichichfly's gba emulator for ds(i). Please note that it won't currently work for much, and is very slow,but that's why it's only qa beta. I was kinda hoping that it was going to progress faster, but no such luck seems to have occured. Still, it's pretty amazing that he's gotten as far along with it as he has.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    no emulator needed.
    I don't now if this will work (made up on the spot) , but try burning to a disc and making/hacking a syncing devise to put cd data into an empty gba/nds carchrage. you can buy empty cartreges online.

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    I've heard of VBag (paid) for phones. I personally use Meboy (GBC) on my Nokia. I use my iTouch for GBA and my computer for DS. That's about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I use my old jailbroken ipod 2nd gen with gb4iphone and my droid running android 2.2.3 with gameboid. I may or may not hack my psp go

StyxMaster

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2013
    For iPod touch, iPhone, and probably iPad you can jailbreak your device and then download gpsphone. with the original source it costs $20 but if you download other sources you can get a racked version for free

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Just confirming but there is no ds emu for the psp correct? Not a decent one that can play Pokemon games? :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    There is a Desmume port to the PSP, but it's very inefficient and awkward to control. You'd be better off getting a flashcard or using an emulator.

Yea I have my psp go hacked with a gba emu and a flashcard for my ds but I love the psp go over my ds and just wish I had all my Pokemon games in 1 spot preferably on my psp go lol.

slasherjdc

Slacker
    Years
  • PSP has lots of hombrew emulators, so does ps2 and ps3 and xobx 360 but personally i love my gpsphone for ipod touch(and iphone and ipad :P) normal phones can run meboy HTCs and other android phones can support a gba emulator

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back