• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] XY Singles Rating

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • I need an opinion on my singles team.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Brave Bird
    Skarmory is a favorite lead especially if the opponents carries a fire-type or an is weak to SR. Pretty basic Skarmory lead, though I changed the Leftovers to Rocky Helmet as my Mandibuzz has it. Rocky Helmet is pretty effective. Believe it or not it can counter a Mega Kangaskhan. In Singles. It was once though but it was pretty effective, especially to Mega Khan spammers.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Foul Play
    - Roost
    - Swagger
    - Taunt
    Ahhh yess...This dreaded set is why Swagger is banned in XY OU, but I'm not playing that tier, am I? Okay, combined with Mandibuzz's bulk, I can simply spam Foul Play until they bleed. If a little worn down, I can simply just take a Roost or two.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Belly Drum
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower
    - Play Rough
    Pretty much a popular set because of the Bulk and Priority plus Huge Power. You know the drill...

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Poison Jab
    Hmmm...an electric-type counter. Since most of my team is weak to Electricity, I need a sponge for that. Fairy weak, sound's fair. I can simply switch out with a counter.

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Iron Head
    Same as Azumarill but a slower set-up.

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Brave Bird
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost
    Heh...heheh...

Okay some battle experience: Skarmory, Talon Flame, Mawile and Azumarill, along with Xerneas and Yveltal (were not discussing that), all recently participated in the April Friendly Competition. They pretty much helped me maintain my ranking of around 1600. My records are over 30 battles with 20+ wins and + losses. The win/lose ratio is 2:1. I had a rather unbalanced team during the competition but The MVPs helped maintain my rank.
    Anyway, records with the full team, I had an app on Android, "Pokemon Online". I tested it there and was competing with Ubers. Don't flip out, most of the battles were without legend or very few legends. One lose in the app was with a team full of legend but I came close to winning by thiiiiiiiiiiis much. Anyways a more recent battle with Pokemon Showdown, I did two battles, they were a win. Not sure it's enough to help convince but the other battles were more than enough to give me an idea.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Other than hitting Togekiss, Poison Jab is useless on Garchomp. Non-Togekiss Fairies are already hit hard enough by Earthquake. Instead, Stone Edge is important for Togekiss and other Fliers, while Fire Fang hits Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor harder.

Just putting this out there, but 4 HP EVs makes Talonflame's HP even, assuming a 31 HP IV. This makes Talonflame be KOed if it switches into Stealth Rock twice from full health. The last 4 EVs should go to Defense.

Back