• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VS Seeker

Years
  • This script requires my Unlimited Self Switches script to work, you can find it here

Add this script above the main

Add this file into your Audio/SE folder

Add this file into your Graphics/Icons folder.  Note that this file should be renamed to the desired item number.  The download is currently item526, but you may need to change it to a different number.

You should define the item in your items.txt like this
    526,VSSEEKER,VS Seeker,VS Seekers,8,0,"A device that indicates Trainers who want to battle.  The battery charges while traveling.",2,0,6,

Note that, again, 526 is the item ID number, this should just be the next sequential number in your file, and your icon from above should correspond with this number.

Events are a bit complicated, so I've included (will include) a video of full installation and use below:

Credit to mej71, Kiedisticelixer for his field animation, and JV for his trainer modifier.

Update:  Animations made by Kiedisticelixer
    Download this image and put it in Graphics/Animations
    Download this file and put it in your Data folder. It will overwrite your old Animations.rxdata file, so if you made any custom field animations you can put this in a new project and copy the animations over.

Last edited:

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Hi mej71, thank you for sharing this script! The video isn't working so I'm using this one for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVP-VaLY6w

Couple questions before installing it and testing it with a couple trainers, does the vseeker check for the trainers that are up for a battle inside the current screen? Does it mean that it works even is the map has been scrolled until the player isn't visible anymore?

After the line:
    Code:
    pbExclaim(single_exclaim) if single_exclaim.length>0
    what should I write to make the event jump on the spot and change its graphic to emulate the fire red mechanism?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi mej71, thank you for sharing this script! The video isn't working so I'm using this one for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnVP-VaLY6w

Couple questions before installing it and testing it with a couple trainers, does the vseeker check for the trainers that are up for a battle inside the current screen? Does it mean that it works even is the map has been scrolled until the player isn't visible anymore?

After the line:
    Code:
    pbExclaim(single_exclaim) if single_exclaim.length>0
    what should I write to make the event jump on the spot and change its graphic to emulate the fire red mechanism?

Fixed the video.
    It checks based on the player position (taking into account snap edges if necessary), so if it's scrolled away from the player it will still check relative to the player. So I would advise not doing that, and I can't really think of a situation in which the camera is not on the player yet you can still control the player, so that doesn't seem like a real problem.

pbExclaim does the exclamation animation for all passed events, so even if you added something after it would occur after the animations. So the only solution is to rewrite a custom version of pbExclaim.

Years
  • I tested your script and it works fine but i have a doubt.
    Example, only events with this name: "Trainer(1)VS" will be afected by your script vs seeker, right?
    I tested with events with other names for example: Person, Item, that contains self switches too, and i don't know why but these events activates too. I don't want to make more switches for every item or other event types in the vsseeker maps,lol. How can i fix this little bug?

Years
  • I tested your script and it works fine but i have a doubt.
    Example, only events with this name: "Trainer(1)VS" will be afected by your script vs seeker, right?
    I tested with events with other names for example: Person, Item, that contains self switches too, and i don't know why but these events activates too. I don't want to make more switches for every item or other event types in the vsseeker maps,lol. How can i fix this little bug?

No it doesn't, I just tested it out to make sure, and it only affects events named Trainer(x)VS, and have a page with the vsseeker self switch. Literally all it does is find events with that name, in a particular range, and turns that one self switch on for them.

Years
  • I know what's the problem and it don't become from your scripts, sorry for that. XD

I don't know why but when i load my save game, the other events with self switches are reseted and i can do them again, but if i started a new game i've got no problem.

Thx for your answer and sorry to bother you. Your scripts are 5 stars.^^

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Animation Use made by me
    imgpsh_fullsize

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    so been trying to set up the VSSeeker, and it works like a hitch, but been trying to incorperate it into the pokegear. only issue really is getting it to exit to the map then do the animations. either has crashes about the "spriteset" without me calling the map scene, and with it, it has a similiar error but with scene_map itself.

Do you know anyway to sort this out? noticed Mej said it'd have to work different when it was brought up by FL in the pokegear features thread, but was never specific from what i can see ^^;

Any help would be great! ^^ (soon would be great, but its still the holiday season so ^^)

Back