• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I feel like I'm being shoved into a corner

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • lately I get one maybe two responses on ANY topic I put out there!!! I feel like the ENTIRE PokéCommunity Forums community is just shoving me into a corner and ignoring me like I don't exist!!! I feel like I am being singled out by the PokéCommunity!!!

I feel like this place doesn't really show equality for everyone...

I don't know if it is my sig, my past Reshiram posts, or when I posted about Pokémon x Human... there is a possibility that everyone judges me for some of my different Pokémon interests... so they ignore me COMPLETELY!!!

my interests are NO DIFFERENT than that guy who kept talking about that all Pokémon do is kill humans with attacks!!! that is also something you don't hear every day, but does HE get singled out??? NO!!!

now I might not be right on why I am being singled out and ignored... but I feel it is WRONG to single someone out!!! and I feel that PokéCommunity Forums done JUST THAT!!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sweetie, if you didn't yell at everyone, people would probably be a bit nicer. BUT WHEN YOU TYPE LIKE THIS!!! AND YELL!!!! AND GET ANGRY OVER NOTHING!!!!! Then yeah, you're not setting yourself up to be well-liked. If you're rude, yell, and get angry quickly as you do, then people with ignore you or act out against you. If you'd relax and be nicer and not so quick to jump on people, much like this thread does, then things might be different.

As for your topics, maybe people don't have a response to it or don't know the answers to your question. You're not the only human being out there.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • There are way too many people on this forum for you to be singled out. No offense, but I don't even know you so I couldn't possibly be purposefully ignoring your topics.

Look at this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291373

That question has been asked too many times for comfort, not many people are gonna answer a thread they already have, probably multiple times in the past.

This: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288154

It's a good idea, but it doesn't exactly appeal to that many people, so it eventually died out.

Bottom line is, you aren't being singled out, your topics are simply and honestly not too interesting to warrant attention. I say that in the utmost respect cause I have no idea how else to put it, but it's not like you can beg people or force them to reply to your threads. Before posting a thread, think it out as well you can, make an interesting topic, and when you post it, try using proper capitalization, punctuation, grammar and so forth, so that people actually feel like reading it to begin with...

Also, try to make sure that your topic hasn't been asked multiple times in the past. Due to the size of PC, a lot of topics are kinda cliche right now, so uniqueness is something you might want to take into consideration as well.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Maybe others just don't have as much to say on a topic as you do? I know, for example, I really have no opinion on Pokemon x Human so I wouldn't post in a thread like that.. so it has nothing to do with you personally.

Maybe you can try and spruce up your topics by adding more discussion questions in the first post? Or try to be a bit more general with your topics? If you really are as different as you are implying, then people really wouldn't be ignoring you, but rather, can't relate to you so they don't know what to say.
    So yeah, just try to broaden your topics, then as the discussion goes on, you can start to get more specific on what you want to say.

I think it would be wise not to jump to conclusions about people around you because generally, people don't like presumptions about themselves. You may think that they are judging you, but you stating that they are ignoring you without actually knowing that they are also means that you would be judging their actions. So focus on the posts instead of the actual people and you may find you'll have a better time here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Look. The case is this; if you feel like you're in a corner, you're putting yourself there by projecting so. PokéCommunity is not a forum of judgmental characters who are here to target members and bully, insult or single out people. Anyone who treats another member as such should be reported.

There are thousands of members on PokéCommunity, so I understand why you can feel quite alone at times, due to the pure size. However, nobody really has the time or desire to push you anywhere, if you keep a positive opinion when browsing and posting the forum, then people will see you as a positive person and be happy to talk to you. On the flip side, if you act somewhat overtly, you may get some bitter truths on how others see you, and perhaps not be so keen on speaking to you, but chances are nobody would target someone for that.

I admit that it is wrong to single people out, but as I say, there's a sense of paranoia in how you're seeing the community. If you let yourself seem like the person who is singled out, and alone or upset, then the only person letting you do that is in fact you.

So my advice is just to relax, start taking things a little less serious, and if your topics receive less replies than others then so be it. That's the way the cookie crumbles. I've had loads of threads with zero replies even! So chin up buddy, just get back up on that horse and enjoy posting again. Be safe in the knowledge that nobody is out to get you, and PokéCommunity should just be a place to have fun, never let a forum get you down. And even if your interests are a little abstract or if you feel people don't relate to them, then that just makes you unique, so allow yourself to display your interests in a more subtle fashion, and feed on how you relate to others. You'll find that you'll get on with people more and they'll be more understanding of yours too.

I hope that you begin to have a better experience here on PC, simply drop your sword and shield and embrace the community as a community, and see it less of a playground of bullies and judgement :]

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Don't be alone. It sometimes happen to me, but listen what the other posters have said. Like not everyone's going to listen to you. And many people won't even care of what you post at times probably because they don't care, so don't let it get you down.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    It's not you, the whole unreponsive threads happen to all. It's just the latest trends that you should rely on.

As for your signature, i see nothing wrong, kinda hints towards a furry lust kind of thing.
    But hey, this is the internet, some people can be judgemental, like they are with me. :I

But y'know, it's just a few people, it only matters what you think

Back