• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling - Need a 5th and a 6th

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Lead:
    Blissey @ Brightpowder [Careful]
    252HP / 56 Sp. Def / 204 Def
    - Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled
    - Protect

Then the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]sweepers[/COLOR][/COLOR] come in, should Blissey encounter a counter.

Starmie @ Wise Glasses [Timid]
    252 Spd / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 HP
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

(I decided to forego the use of Recover. Anything that outspeeds this will probably one-shot it, too. Psychic has stab.)

Tyranitar @ Muscle Band [Adamant]
    252 ATK / 200 Spd / 60 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Sp[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Def
    -Earthquake
    -Focus Punch (Can anyone suggest a better Fighting move?)
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit

Then, just in case, another wall:

Umbreon @ Leftovers [Bold]
    220 Def / 252 Sp. Def / 40 Sp. Atk
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Moonlight
    -Dark Pulse

But I need a fifth and a sixth. I probably need a Forretress or a Baton Passer to set up my sweeps. Help me!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • We need a full team before we can rate anything, so if you're thinking about adding Forry and a Baton Passer go ahead and add them. Then people can suggest changes if necessary.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Not asking for a rate, just wondering what else I should potentially put in here.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Not asking for a rate, just wondering what else I should potentially put in here.

Unfortunately for you, that isn't the point of this forum: We don't make your team, we only do rates and suggest changes afterwords. As Aura said, if you are thinking of throwing the two into your team, put them in, and then we can help you.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • Blissey @ Brightpowder [Careful]
    252HP / 56 Sp. Def / 204 Def
    - Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled
    - Protect

Then the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]sweepers[/COLOR] come in, should Blissey encounter a counter.

Starmie @ Wise Glasses [Timid]
    252 Spd / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 HP
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

(I decided to forego the use of Recover. Anything that outspeeds this will probably one-shot it, too. Psychic has stab.)

Tyranitar @ Muscle Band [Adamant]
    252 ATK / 200 Spd / 60 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Sp[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Def
    -Earthquake
    -Focus Punch (Can anyone suggest a better Fighting move?)
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit

Then, just in case, another wall:

Umbreon @ Leftovers [Bold]
    220 Def / 252 Sp. Def / 40 Sp. Atk
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Moonlight
    -Dark Pulse

But I need a fifth and a sixth. I probably need a Forretress or a Baton Passer to set up my sweeps. Help me!
    Ok, first things first I wouldnt use blissey as a lead, she does so much better as a special wall, though many leads have special moves your better off switching it into a specs sweeper later on and toxic it:P

On t-tar use brick break over focus punch as screens are usually very annoying for your entire team

I would replace dark pulse on umbreon but i cant think what id replace it with atm:(

Batonpasser? smearglw w/ agility and swords dance/nasty plot will do very well as long as it doesnt stay in too long because of its below average defences

DragonOfDarkness

The Flurry of Dancing Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I think a better fighting move for tyranitar is Brick Break, because reflect and light screen become useless, and it doesnt leave you vulnerable to flinching for one turn, and screws up focus punch.

Your 6th pokemon I think should be a Togetic, with Baton Pass, Fly, Light Screen, and Lucky Chant. It gives you your baton passer, and gives you a defense boost.

Your 5th? Maybe an Alakazam as a special sweeper? With a moveset like:
    Psychic, Energy Ball, Charge Beam, and Shadow Ball?

Back