• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet another sandstorm team..

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Ok, sandstorm teams are common in the metagame, but I always like tough-looking badass pokémon, so sandstorm is the way to go.

~Teambuilding Process~

Spoiler:

~The Team In-Depth~

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Careful (+SpDef,-SpAtk)
    EV's: 76 HP|252 Def|176 SpDef|4 Spe
    Moveset: Stealth Rock|Roar|Earthquake|Slack Off

This guy needs to stream a sandstorm and set up rocks. I chose the nature + EV spread so he could also take some special hits, and outspeed opposing Hippowdown leads. Pretty important in my team, and quite happy about him.

Excadrill@Air Balloon
    Ability: Sand Rush
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk)
    EV's: 4 HP|252 Atk|252 Spe
    Moveset: Swords Dance|Earthquake|Rock Slide|X-scissor

The star of the team. Switch him in on the right time, Swords Dance once, sweep team. Basic Excadrill set.

Landorus@Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Power
    Moveset: Swords Dance|Rock Polish|Earthquake|Stone Edge

Rock Polish for faster teams, Swords Dance for slower teams. I don't know why, but he has not been as successfull as I hoped. Bad EV's or item perhaps?

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Moveset: Dragon Dance|Crunch|Earthquake|Stone Edge

Only here for streaming in case my Hippowdon dies, or for STAB Crunch. I use this guy sparingly, since most of the time Excadrill takes care of the sweeping.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe,-SpAtk)
    EV's: 80 HP|176 Def|252 SpDef
    Moveset: Fling|Acrobatics|Earthquake|Facade

I soooo need to get rid of Facade. I chose the nature to outspeed other Gliscors without speed EV's and went for a bulky EV-spread. I'm in doubt what would be better, a toxic orb flinger, or opting for the Sand Veil ability and add Roost instead of Facade.

Jellicent@Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Bold (+Def,-Atk)
    EV's: 4 HP|252 Def|252 SpDef
    Moveset: Toxic|Recover|Hydro Pump|Hidden Power (grass)

This guy saved my ass lots of times. He's basically used for spreading the poison and countering rain teams. I thought his SpDef was good enough, so I went for a Def-increasing nature. I do think that Hydro Pump misses to lot, but I don't know what's better, the extra power, or Surf, or Scald's burn chance?

So yeah, that's it. On a small note, I don't like Choice items, so if you plan on suggesting one, I probably won't use it.

Please comment, and thanks in advance!

patrickcal

Freakin' Pacmon!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    First of all you have 5 EQs, you don't need that many. Take one off T-Tar as it doesn't get the STAB from it. I'd say replace it with Thunder or Fire punch - they both counter big threats to your team, Water, Grass and Ice. Also Landorus is pretty useless like that, it adds no extra type coverage, I would say get rid of it completely. I would add in a good special wall, Registeel would work very well ass it has high special defense and isn't affected by sandstorm damage.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only changes I'd make to Jellicent is that its Special Defense EVs should be moved to HP. Since it's bulky, Scald > Hydro Pump. The occasional burn will help.

Back