• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red , Dragon scale , help pls :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2018
    hi guys , i'm looking to get a dragon scale in fire red before the elite four , some sources tell me that it can be found / thieved from wild horseas but i've had no luck so far and have also come across contradictory information which has led me to ask this here , thank you very much :)

is it able to be thiefed from wild horseas ? , can it be found on captured horseas ?

thanks again .

Amy May

Banned
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    hi guys , i'm looking to get a dragon scale in fire red before the elite four , some sources tell me that it can be found / thieved from wild horseas but i've had no luck so far and have also come across contradictory information which has led me to ask this here , thank you very much :)

is it able to be thiefed from wild horseas ? , can it be found on captured horseas ?

thanks again .

Ooh... I honestly thought you could only thief or catch Horsea (holding Dragon Scale) in R/S/E (very low, like 5% chance) & not in FR/LG, as far as 3rd Gen goes.
    ... but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, poking around for information about this, it does seem a little contradictory, but I'm pretty sure that the Horsea line does not have a chance of having a Dragon Scale in FR/LG. But it does in R/S/E for some reason. Might have to do with how FR/LG is weird and doesn't allow Pokemon that gained an evolution after Gen 1 to evolve until after you get the National Dex.

So unfortunately it seems like your only option is to wait until after you defeat the Elite 4 in order to get yourself a Dragon Scale.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I believe Nah is correct that when it comes to FRLG, they were really anal about not allowing Johto Evolutions or any post Generation 1 Evolutions to Kanto lines until after you've acquired the National Dex(which you get after becoming Champion). That means that if you want Kingdra that you'll have to likely trade one in from R/S/E or hope they start spawning with that item as Champion. Granted, if the latter wasn't possible pre-Champion, then its unlikely to happen after becoming Champion. Therefore the only way to get Kingdra, as I see it, is to catch one on R/S/E and Trade it over.

Ironically enough, they're repeating that same anal way of thinking when it comes to LGPE and not allowing any Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh Evolutions of Kanto region Pokemon. Yet they're allowing Fairy Types(since they were introduced in Generation 6) and Alolan variants(Generation 7) to fill in the gaping holes in the Type Chart since Kanto lacks Dark Types. Adding in Alolan Types also explains their reasoning for their version exclusives since Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix both evolve via Ice Stone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    The only ways to get a Dragon Scale in FR/LG is to find one on Water Path or to beat Double Mode in the Trainer Tower. The Water Path is on the sixth Sevii Island, while the Trainer Tower is on the seventh. Both of those islands are only accessible after beating the Elite Four. That's because only after beating the Elite Four does post Gen I content becomes available (in this case, Kingdra).

Back