• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There goes...Alakazam?

pkmin3033

Dub errors! Whilst not as prevalent now as they used to be, the dub of the Pokemon anime seems to suffer rather severely from errors, from incorrect facts (remember folks, Arbok evolves into Seviper!) to misnaming Pokemon and attacks.

Which dub errors are your favourites/the most cringeworthy? Any catch you out as a kid?

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
One error that specifically stood out to me as a kid was that one time Officer Jenny commanded Growlithe: "Arcanine, flamethrower!" Frankly, the only reason I forgive the dub for this obvious error is bcs it was in an episode from Indigo Plateau. I would likely have cringed much more if the dub error was voiced over with the excellent animation and sound quality of the newer seasons ://

Some time ago I read a lengthy article ranting about the horrible dub quality of the first movie's dub. It discusses issues such as the soundtrack alterations and misinformation done via adding unnecessary script to the dialogue. If I find the article, I'll edit the link here : http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/movies/mov01.html

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

Some time ago I read a lengthy article ranting about the horrible dub quality of the first movie's dub. It discusses issues such as the soundtrack alterations and misinformation done via adding unnecessary script to the dialogue. If I find the article, I'll edit the link here : http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/movies/mov01.html
Speaking of the first movie...
HJ5Mgxf.jpg

This one takes the cake!

Another really bad line from that movie would be Ash saying that vikings "mostly live in Minnesota!"

Plus, how 'bout those jelly-filled donuts?

Back