• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Change MAP of World Map

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Hi everyone. I'm working in my hax in FR rom for a few months and I have a question I never can resolve. It's about how to change the World Map predefined for each map. I explain it.

When you use all the World Maps in FR, you can't use the map group PALLET TOWN (for example) in the World Map 2, 3 or 4. Well you can name a zona like PALLET TOWN but when you want to use Fly or watch the MAP, you would see the World map 1 and no the other. And that's what I want to change. I'm so sure it must be something to change in HxD who allows to change that predefined map.

I know it's a little hard to understand but I hope you can help me with that. And before someone say it... I'm not talking about change the world map or change the routine of the World Map.

Thanks for your help ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Which of the four worldmaps shows up is determined by the map header (So PALLET TOWN, or ROUTE 7 for example). Every single map header has a different value (check in the worldmap editor of advancemap). To edit which of the four worldmap shows up you need to change a few bytes in a hex editor.

Check out this thread, which will perfectly explain how it works: https://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=19

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Ufff it's looks complicated for me but I'm gonna try with a fake rom. Nobody trie to change that? Maybe somebody has the experience

Years
    • Seen today
    If this is too complicated it might be a good idea to look for some tutorial about hex editing:P

But if you want all map headers on the first worldmap I think just changing byte 8E at offset 0C0064 to C4 might do the trick.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    hahaha it's true. HEX for me is a nightmare. I've done a lot of things with the hack but HEX... buff. And no, precisely I want to pass som maps to the world map 2 3 or 4. But I'm gonna trie first with the help you give me. Maybe it looks hard but it's simple

Back