• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question Regarding Evolving a Pokemon

Years
  • Hi there, I just have a quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer too anywhere. I know that when building a deck you can mix expansions, but can you have pokemon that will evolve into a pokemon from a different expansion. For example I have a Tangela from Evolutions, could I evolve that Tangela into the Tangrowth from Steam Siege?

Years
  • Hi there, I just have a quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer too anywhere. I know that when building a deck you can mix expansions, but can you have pokemon that will evolve into a pokemon from a different expansion. For example I have a Tangela from Evolutions, could I evolve that Tangela into the Tangrowth from Steam Siege?

The evolution mechanic of the game only cares about the name of the Pokemon being evolved from, not what set either card is from. If the name of the card that you want to evolve into an evolution Pokemon matches the Pokemon name in the "Evolves from _____" text on the Evolved Pokemon, then you can evolve that card into that Evolved Pokemon.

Back