• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Memorable High School Moment

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
  • Oh, I've got a few...

Learning I won the Governor General's Award in Gr. 12. It's an award in Canada given to the person with the highest overall mark in their graduating class. Basically, I was going to skip grad, but the counselor called my mom and told her to try and get me to go. So she did.

Related to the above, getting a 100% my grade 12 Human Geo class. I was obsessed with getting top grades, so that was huge for me.

After getting tons of extra help and tutoring, I was able to kick the physics part of the science exam's butt. I knew all the formulas, where to use them, and how they worked. I'd never done so well in anything requiring so much math and formula-memorizing, though I didn't keep on with it. I knew my limits, haha.

Joining the Enviro Club in grade 10; I was highly anxious and socially awkward, so taking that leap was a major moment. I even got to go on an overnight field trip with the club, and had such a great time.

By the end of grade 12, it was finally having some friends I could hang out with during classes. I had miserable luck making good friends, so having some people I could hang around with was super special to me. Sadly, I lost contact with a lot of them, but I won't be forgetting those times.

I had finally found my niche by high school's end, so the last day was pretty rough. I remember listening a remix of the RSE credit music on my way out and during my walk home. I was probably one of the few people to cry over being done, haha.

Grade nine was pretty lame, but by the end of grade 10, things had picked up a lot. Overall, though I wish I had done more and not focused so much on grades, I can't say I had a bad time of HS.

TY

the only thing memorable was graduating and leaving that hellhole

string555

Banned
    Years
  • After reading this thread, I was trying to remember some other moments, and I remembered one. Funny thing, it was at my friend's high school instead of mine. As I had mentioned above, I wasn't going to a normal high school, and the last 2 years or so of it I was in something like a homeschool program where I just went to the school to turn in my homework, or stay there a bit to finish it.

Anyways, I had a lot of free time at home, and one day I decided to call my friend, forgetting that he was in school. He told me to come meet him at his metal shop class, so I thought it would be funny to do so. I hopped the fence, walked through the campus in the middle of the day, through the lunch area and to the door of his class that was wide open. I just walked right in and started talking to my friend. It wasn't until about after the 2nd time I had done this that the teacher finally realized that I wasn't suppose to be there:

"Who are you?!"

"I'm so-and-so's friend. :3"

"No I mean, are you even a student here?!"

"No. :3"

"Well get the hell out before I call campus safety!"

"Okay. :D"

I realize that since I was high school age, I blended right in, but basically someone who is not a student, not carrying a backpack or anything shouldn't really be able to just walk on campus like that. Apart from the teacher realizing EVENTUALLY that I didn't belong there, nobody stopped me and asked me anything the few times I did that. Someone needs a security upgrade... XD

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i've got a couple. in freshman year my friends threw a surprise birthday party for me during lunch period. it was homestuck themed as that was what i was into at the time, and my best friend baked the cake they made for me from scratch. it was really nice.

other things i remember is probably the time our school went on lockdown because a drunk guy wandered into the school to try and charge his phone lol. that was pretty entertaining. a lot of other things i remember are stunts that my friends pulled or things they said. i took a theater class in senior year, and we made a high school musical-esque skit about recycling, and made a flash mob during lunch period (i went to an art school, so of course everyone freaked out about it).

oh yeah, and the one time it was below freezing... a pipe burst outside and made snow in the air and everyone skipped class to go play in it and throw around the icicles it made on the fence and tree it was near (this was back when i used to live in an area that didn't get snow). i have a lot of fond memories of that school, and some memories that aren't so fond. senior year was bittersweet. a friend of mine killed himself on halloween, and it kind of ruined graduation and everything else about that year for me i think. eh... i try not to think about that kind of stuff too much.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • High school was also not the greatest time for me but it had its moments. One of my favorite actually didn't even happen at my school but rather with my club soccer team. In my first 6 years playing club, I had never got to play in the state tournament but finally my senior year, I got called up to play with the team above mine and play with them for the tournament. In our last game, we got to play under the lights and I played all but 5 minutes. We ended up losing the game but it was still one of the best moments/games of my life.

Years
  • Most memorable moment? Hm.
    I have two moments that come to mind right off the bat. One is when me and 3 of my friends made a metal band together called Asperity Gunman and played a few songs
    in the Talent Show during Senior year, and it was a blast. Here's a list of the songs we played:
    • Killswitch Engage - Arms of Sorrow
    • Gojira - Love
    • System of a Down - Question!
    • Deftones - Diamond Eyes
    The other thing that comes to mind is when me and 4 of my other friends did a skit in a little intermission of our Junior year Talent Show. The names we came up with were priceless.
    The one that stuck out the most was mine though. My name for the skit was Jose Rico Taco Nacho Quesadilla Mondilla Jones. Every time someone addressed me during this skit they
    would use the full name, and it caused a whole lotta laughs.

Last edited:
    Back