• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for a Pokemon anime

Years
  • So while I was organising my pokemon cards, I began thinking about a battle between Ash and Gary, but it would be with the cards instead of pokemon. You can tell what I thought after that.

We redo the anime, but have it like the Card Game style, Ash would still get badges from gyms, and he would get a starter deck from Prof. Oak. But he would get a new card from beating people in battle. Team Rocket would go after him because he would have a super rare card, and Pokemon Centres would be places where people can meet and train cards.

Of course it would also have hologram pokemon fighting each other, some stuff that can't happen in the card games, and of course, banned cards. But hey, unlike Yugi, Ash would actually lose battles.

Doesn't this sound like a good idea? Or am I just being dumb and that it would never work.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I think this would be interesting, and it would pump more life into the TCG.

I'm not sure how this would go as a fanfic, but maybe it could be made as a fanbased Manga just to see how it would play out?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It could be very interesting if done in Digimon Tamers style. In the previous Digimon seasons, the digiworld was a real place and not well known in our world. In the third season, Digimon was a card game, famous among kids. Then suddenly the creatures from the cards came to life, because it turns out they were actually based on something real. If pokémon were a card game in our world, but actually based on another dimension (alternate worlds is def canon in pokémon verse!) then that could be serious enough :)

Back