• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Catch combo question

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2018
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I know that catch combo increases the chance of getting shiny Pokemon, just wondering does it only work on the Pokemon that I'm catching? If I keep catching geodude, does that increase the chances of getting a shiny abra for example?

Thank you!

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's a global increase. So every pokemon, even on other routes has an increased chance of being shiny. Excluding stationary legendaries I believe.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • How high of a combo are we talking about? I know I?ve caught up to maybe 15 of the same Pok?mon, but have yet to encounter any shinys in the game.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    How high of a combo are we talking about? I know I?ve caught up to maybe 15 of the same Pok?mon, but have yet to encounter any shinys in the game.

For max odds you just need a chain of 31, 1 in 341.3. To increase it more, you can use a lure, to become 1 in 315.08. Once you're there, you don't really need to catch anymore pokemon unless you want exp. You can just sit in a corner, run away from any pokemon until you see the shiny you want.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2019
    For max odds you just need a chain of 31, 1 in 341.3. To increase it more, you can use a lure, to become 1 in 315.08. Once you're there, you don't really need to catch anymore pokemon unless you want exp. You can just sit in a corner, run away from any pokemon until you see the shiny you want.

that isnt even worth it. I just play the game the old 90s way without shinys.

Back