• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Updates on the Dynamic Overworld Palette Edits for Pokeemerald?

Jessler

PidgeyFox
Years
  • Pretty much what the title says. The existing tutorial featured on the Simple Modifications thread is pretty outdated, and the wiki even points that out. Is there an updated version anywhere out there? I would hate to spend an entire day solving merge conflicts by just merging with the most recent code found on the wiki, as I've made a very large number of changes already to my project. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hey Jessler,
    have you found a solution to your problem? I also want to include dynamic overworld palettes in my emerald hack and I could also only find the outdated tutorial from VXO https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=425969 and the related wiki post.
    Maybe I still try it out and look what the outcome is, but it kinda bugs me that it breaks the reflection palette system.

Jessler

PidgeyFox
    Years
  • Nope. I got it working properly, but it took hours of fixing conflicts and renaming things to their modern counterparts. It was incredibly tedious and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Hopefully, someone gets an updated repo published soon!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Ok, too bad :/
    Then I'll have to try it on my own. Maybe I'll try it first on a clean copy of pokeemerald.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Pretty much what the title says. The existing tutorial featured on the Simple Modifications thread is pretty outdated, and the wiki even points that out. Is there an updated version anywhere out there? I would hate to spend an entire day solving merge conflicts by just merging with the most recent code found on the wiki, as I've made a very large number of changes already to my project. Thanks!
    Dropping here a quick info tip for people who may find this thread in the future; attempting an automatic merge is not the only way to acquire a feature branch's contents. You can implement them manually.
    If you get lots of merge conflicts by trying to git pull the branch, you can just copy-paste its changes into your project, and then edit as needed until you get a ROM built.
    https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/compare/master...ExpoSeed:dynamic-ow-pals

Back