• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the ideal way of transporting pokémon between generations

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i really liked the pal park even if it was slow af haha. it was really cute! :3 i miss it.
would you set up some kind of similar way of transferring pokémon between generations, or do you prefer something quick and simple like the pokebank? how would you design a generation-transfer mechanic?

pkmin3033

I'd like to see an in-game method of transferring thing too, since they have the nerve to charge for Pokebank...charge us to store, fine. But charge us just to use? Not cool at all.

But if they were to do this again, I'd want it to be another quick method. No playing annoying minigames,and preferably no cap on how many you can do per day, either. Let us access the content that we paid for previously without restrictions, please.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'm going to be interested in seeing how they manage the 3DS to Switch transfer process. Probably just an upgraded PokeBank, but you never know. I could easily see them selling an accessory (or including one with the Switch games) that lets you plug in a 3DS game (like a card reader) and transfer Pokemon that way.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Personally, I still miss the bidirectional trading between generations I and II. I never want to transfer anything of value forward because I can't send it back, which means I mainly send newly hatched and caught Pokemon forward, and then try to get legendaries I can't obtain in the current generation by trading (especially GTS, if the timing is right). As for transfers, though, I prefer faster transfers. I found the catching games and limits on how many you could move at a time kind of annoying (well, the games were fun at first, but got old after a few rounds). I would rather have a built-in, in-game transfer method, with an optional Pokebank method for those who want to transfer between physical carts on the same system.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Pokébank - those mini games are so long and painful, while Pokébank is simple and swift

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, Pokemon Bank is just sooo much easier than that nightmare minigame from Gen V. Even with a £5 price tag, for the whole year it is totally worth it for what you're getting.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Pokebank is best. I understand the frustration of having to pay for it, but it costs $5 USD per year. At that price, the paying argument crumbles imo.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
It's funny I do see the logic of why Pokébank is the simplest and fastest but I really did like Pal Park for making a whole festivity/minigame of it, even if it was needlessly complicated in some respects. Am I the only one who feels that way?

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Pokébank is really nice but I'm not too keen on how it charges money to transfer Pokémon :/
I have mixed feelings on the Pal Park. I really love how it was a Park but with your own Pokémon but at the same time, you had to catch your own Pokémon and patience is not on my side.

My ideal way of transferring is the simple Pokébank transfer but w/o the money charge since I'm cheap.
(tbh if I'm going to be real, I would like my Pokémon to magically transfer to my next game w/o me doing anything.)

Back