• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Disc Changer Compatibility

Years
  • So I've been testing Disc changing(https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1634.0) in Pokémon Essentials so 999 map gap isn't the limit anymore.

This Script allow RPG Maker XP to have more than 999 maps, divided on folders inside Data, called Disc1, Disc2... each with a 999 map limit, so you can technically have infinite maps. The first group of maps is the one naturally created on the Data, or the "Disc 0" for the script itself.

But I've found a some problems to apply this into a fangame: the Metadata, encounters, Map Connections / Location...I can't define them where they're not part of the "Disc 0" aka, the Maps in the Data folder. So while I can be on Maps saved on Disc1, 2 etc, and even save the events and all that

Is there a way to adapt all of this so you can have multiple discs with different maps? I think the solution is having different MapInfos, one in each disc, but I'm not sure...

Years
  • Oh! I'm...Speechless. To be honest, It's hard to understand the code for me because I'm new at programming (It's my first year doing it, both at school and on Pokémon Essentials) but jeez...This is huge.

After reading the post one or two times I think I get it but I have one last question: If I want, for example, to have Map003 on Disc0, to be a OutsideArea, with no encounters, but then Map003 on Disc1 DarkMap with encounters, how would I do it? Having one Metadata.rxdata and a MapInfo.rxdata on each Disc Folder, right?

Disc0 --> Inside Data folder, on my content, as usual.

Disc1 --> In /Data/Disc have another MapInfos.rxdata, metadata, Tilesets...

Also, do I have to pass for each Disc all the content? Like, having things like the Scripts or PkmAnimations on each Disc folder, or only Metadata and MapInfos?

But man, thank you, a lot. This Script is huge for us. My gf and I have the dream of making one huge game with a bunch (or maybe all) regions connected, and this is a big, big step. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • I Believe that all data falls into one of 2 categories: Local and Global. Global data are your Items, Pokemon, Moves, ECT. Local Data would be things like Maps, Encounters, Region Map, ECT. If I had to choose,
    these would be Global Data
    unknown.png

These would be local data
    unknown.png

and these I'm not sure of, I don't know much about them
    unknown.png

so when working with the disc, anything pertaining to local data needs to have the 'fixes' applied to them at the bottom of my post.

Edit: I also just realised after posting this that the file 'metadata.dat' is technically both local and global so... have fun figuring that out

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay I added everything you said (here on the folder, and in your post, on the script), but this message appears :/ :

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `disc' for #<Game_System:0xcb643c8>

Compiler:4323:in `pbImportNewMaps'

Compiler:4322:in `chdir'

Compiler:4322:in `pbImportNewMaps'

Compiler:4480

Did I add something wrong? I added attr_accessor :discdata and @discdata = Hash.new on their places

Years
  • Okay, I started all the proccess again with a new project and...Now it suddently works perfectly. I tested map files, the data such as day-night cycle or encounters...And yeah, it works perfectly.

Thanks for all of this, really. Now, it's the time to continue the big project of having all regions at once :D

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Okay, I started all the proccess again with a new project and...Now it suddently works perfectly. I tested map files, the data such as day-night cycle or encounters...And yeah, it works perfectly.

Thanks for all of this, really. Now, it's the time to continue the big project of having all regions at once :D

Hey SuzuiXii can you tell me how to do this script and disc system work I am very confused plz tell me step by step how you do it.

Back