• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too lazy for a real title. UU RMT

Years
  • Team At A Glance
    Spr_4h_139.png
    Spr_4p_429.png
    Spr_4h_106.png
    Spr_4h_051.png
    Spr_4h_003_m.png
    Spr_4d_277.png

139%2Bomastar.png

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Shell Armor
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam

Knowing Swellow was going to be the focus of the team, I needed something to get Spikes and Stealth Rock up to wear down Steel switch-ins. Looking at what in UU can do both of those things, I found myself looking at Omastar. With the two obvious moves out of the way [SR/Spikes], I took Surf for STAB and for Steel/Ground [/Rock] types and Ice Beam for later in the game if they've been switching in Grass types to force out Oma.

Mismagius_by_Zaikudo.png

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Thunderbolt
    Mismagius serves dual purposes. It serves slightly as my team's spin blocker [though that is hardly ever its purpose], the other a sweeper. Nasty Plot Mismagius is just nasty. HP Fighting wears down or just flat knocks out Steel and Rock Types that cause Swellow problems. After a nasty plot, Thunderbolt is a KO on Milotic, which can be a pain for me at times. Shadow Ball just hits tons of stuff hard. It has a good chance to OHKO Max HP/SpD Careful Cress If I get up 2 layers of Spikes and SR up. That hits HARD.

106___Hitmonlee_by_Winter_Freak.jpg

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Ability: Limber
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Mach Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

This was the third on my team after Swellow and Omastar. Most Registeel switch-ins on Swellow will use Thunder Wave to paralyze whatever I bring in to counter it. Too bad it's a Limber Hitmonlee. This easily forces out Registeel, which none of the other can via the threat of a OHKO without needing to set up. This is also my insurance against Porygon-Z once something dies. Earthquake/Stone Edge are for on the switch-in after I see what they go to from Registeel.

Dugtrio_by_Catherinex13.jpg

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash
    - Aerial Ace

The other part of my anti-Steel regiment. CB Duggy is such a threat to anything that threatens Swellow's sweep. Outside of that, Aerial Ace takes out weakened SD Venusaur and Sceptiles. Stone Edge threatens Flying-Types into switching out. Night Slash wears down Ghosts and stuff like Alakazam. Basically this is here just in case stuff breaks through my team, which actually doesn't happen too often.

3___Venusaur_by_OneEyedMe.png

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Most of what people will switch in to Venusaur is Physical Walls, so when they get hit with a special move it'll surprise them. This also helps wear stuff down for Swellow. Sludge Bomb KO's Sceptiles, while they don't KO me back with Earthquake. Same with Ludicolo. HP Ground wears down opposing Venusaurs and Leaf Storm is simply to hit hard. Sleep Powder ensures Swellow can get in unscathed.

Swellow_by_kittyn131.png

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Facade
    - Quick Attack
    - U-turn

Swellow is easily the MVP of this team. Switch in on an obvious EQ or anything that won't do too much damage and go to town. Facade coming off STAB and a Guts boost is deadly. Quick Attack picks off weakened Scarfers and in case someone has a random Electrode somewhere on their team outside of a Rain dance lead [never happens]. Brave bird is for the Ghosts that are immune to Facade. U-turn lets me get to Dugtrio or Hitmonlee if I have to bring Swellow out early.

Conclusion:
    Even though this team is mainly built to get everything ready for a Swellow sweep, three of my other pokemon are more than capable of sweeping on their own[Missy/Venu/Hitmonlee].

If I was to look for something to change 100%, it would be to take some of the pressure off Oma to get SR up and put it on someone else, more than likely removing Dugtrio form the team.

Tear it apart Ladies.​

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • | Sceptile | Nature | Timid | 61.5 |
    | Sceptile | Nature | Jolly | 20.1 |
    | Sceptile | Speed EV | Max | 92.2 |
    Duggy is a risky check to Sceptile at best :/ But you have Venu, and Swellow outspeeds it anyway so meh.

EDIT: What exactly is HP Ground achieving on Venu? Sludge Bomb hits opposing Venusaur harder anyway, and offers rather good coverage barring vs random steels (Registeel and Steelix, of which the latter one usually is ill suited to take a leaf storm anyway). You could run Synthesis in that slot in order to gain some longevity, or (and I can't believe that I'm suggesting this myself) you could run HP Psychic in order to kill off Weezing, who loves switching into the SD-er after sleep clause. That, and if you run it you might actually hit opposing venusaurs a bit harder ( 90+45 = 135 vs 140).

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Swellow HATES Stealth Rock, which means you definitely want a Rapid Spinner of some kind to deal with that. If you want to keep a secondary Thunderwave check (which you don't need thanks to Duggy), you can run Donphan over Hitmonlee for Rapid Spinner support. Otherwise, just run Foresight Rapid Spin Hitmontop with Mach Punch to take care of P-Z. It's late so I'll do calcs later, but iirc Mach Punch followed by a Quick Attack from Swellow should take out Porygon-Z... correct me if I'm wrong though

Years
  • @ Opposite Day: While the team is designed to aid in Swellow's sweep, pretty much everything else is there to be able to sweep on its own after Oma does his job. Some things off the top of my head that would just straight wall Venu if I did what you said would be Drapion and Registeel, which are more threatening than Weezing since I can just get Swellow in on the obvious Will-o-Wisp to get a boost from Guts. HP Psychic is pretty much only useful for Weezing, which is umm...not worth it letting stuff that are actually threats completely wall me.

@Skip Shot: Hitmonlee does around 88%min to ScarfgonZ with Mach Punch. If I was to replace anything for SR or Rapid Spin, it'd be Dugtrio since that doesn't really do that much for my team when I'm actually using it outside of taking out stuff I can just as easily wear down through Spikes/SR damage.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about Venu though.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Swellow HATES Stealth Rock, which means you definitely want a Rapid Spinner of some kind to deal with that. If you want to keep a secondary Thunderwave check (which you don't need thanks to Duggy), you can run Donphan over Hitmonlee for Rapid Spinner support. Otherwise, just run Foresight Rapid Spin Hitmontop with Mach Punch to take care of P-Z. It's late so I'll do calcs later, but iirc Mach Punch followed by a Quick Attack from Swellow should take out Porygon-Z... correct me if I'm wrong though

Hitmonlee can Spin, i guess you could put as a filler over EQ on Hitmonlee lol if you dont wanna move things around.

Duggy is a risky check to Sceptile at best :/ But you have Venu, and Swellow outspeeds it anyway so meh.

EDIT: What exactly is HP Ground achieving on Venu? Sludge Bomb hits opposing Venusaur harder anyway, and offers rather good coverage barring vs random steels (Registeel and Steelix, of which the latter one usually is ill suited to take a leaf storm anyway). You could run Synthesis in that slot in order to gain some longevity, or (and I can't believe that I'm suggesting this myself) you could run HP Psychic in order to kill off Weezing, who loves switching into the SD-er after sleep clause. That, and if you run it you might actually hit opposing venusaurs a bit harder ( 90+45 = 135 vs 140).

HP Ground is for S.Def Drapion and Registeel i assume.

Jolly is better on Duggy in UU or Raikou goes looool. Also Pursuit >> Aerial Suck. So you can Trap Rotom and Mismag, not like AA even hits anything there its only for Loom and Hera in OU tbh.

Rock Polish Relicanth weak

EDIT :

Oh Snap you are lol :x

Years
  • right about HP Ground.

Dugtrio has Jolly now and Pursuit

.3% usage for Relicanth lol...not too worried about that

Back