• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Blaze Online

Years
  • Hello everyone,
    Pokemon Blaze Online is a mmorpg based on, you guessed it, the Pokemon series!

The game has been out for around 2 months now but was in development for several months prior, and I felt it was time to try my hand at posting a post since while I have been a member of the community, I have had loads of fun.

--------------------------------------------------------

A general synopsis of the game:
    Step forth into the Jvaloh region – a land of diverse climates and even more diverse people intertwined inside an intriguing, often complex storyline.
    Engage with a fresh cast of characters, each of whom has their own secrets, in an attempt to stop a chain of events that threaten to plunge the region back into darkness…

Some basic features of the game include:
    A Custom Stat System*

Plans for two regions (Currently only one region with 5 gyms released with a 6th being released ASAP) A Custom story with two rivals, an evil team, etc. (You get the general idea hopefully.)

Pokemon from all 7 generations are available in one way or another**, and because of the stat system, many of them are more viable than you'd have ever thought possible!

A solid day/night spawn system that circulates every 6 hours which equals two full day cycles and two full night cycles every 24 hours.

Working Abilities (Some are still be worked on!)

Crews, meaning you and your friends have your own chat for yourself and a name you can represent in tournaments!

Hidden maps and hidden quest, meaning exploration is highly encouraged, who knows? You could be the first to find a secret!

Monthly tournaments and quarterly auctions of special pokemon and items for ingame currency.

Many Pokemon drop TMs or Items!

A fully functioning trade system!

A fully functioning teleport system to get around the region (provided you wish to spend small amounts of ingame currency and have the required badge.)

Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Notes:

*The game is unique in regards to the fact that Pokemon's base stats are divided by 2 and IV's are maxed out. You get stat points when you level up, and can put them /wherever/ you want to put them. Because of this, you can literally do whatever you want and find what works for you as far as making a custom Pokemon goes.

**Some Pokemon are rarer than others, and some may not be fully obtainable at the time of this post (Version 1.5.0) but all of them are implemented and ready to be put into the game when new maps and content is released.

note: this game has been developed using Java and JRE 8 is needed to run the game.

note-2: If you are a talented artist, or mapper, you may be able to demonstrate your skills and help further the project, if you feel you may have what it takes, contact Snehks, Jiro, and DevR via Discord. (You'll be able to do so upon joining the discord linked above, DO NOT inquire about a moderator position, as this will be ignored.)

Link to the forums: http://pokemonblazeonline.com/forums/index.php

Link to the Discord: https://discord.gg/hQe2aPv

Link to the Main Website: https://pokemonblazeonline.wordpress.com/

Link to download the current client (1.5.0): http://pokemonblazeonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    Been playing this quite a bit recently, so I figured giving my thoughts on it. Blaze is a breath of fresh air in the area of Pokemon Fangames, as it changes the way core mechanics of Pokemon stats work, replacing IV/EV's with a stat allocation system,.

This makes it so that it is much easier to find "perfect" pokemon as it just requires nature and ability(their are ability capsules in game) but also allows for their to be a wider variety of viable pokemon (Mostly speculation on my part). It opens the door for more experimenting unique builds etc. This is the main selling point for the game as it lacks the polish, playerbase, and content that the other Pokemon MMORPG's have.

Overall the game experience is pretty similar to other Pokemon MMO's such as Pokemon Planet, with fast battles and high encounter rates, Fast Travel between cities and Battle Tower for Items. Hopefully it can grow and we can see the true pros and cons of the changed stat system.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    stats allocating? interesting, ill try it!

btw since it isnt a rom hack why not add that so needed Guard/Defend mechanics?

Back