• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Dating sim?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 6, 2017
So i wanted to create a pokemon game were you can date the gym leaders or something like that. Any other ideas?

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I would like that idea but for every npc or important npc out there, like the dating system in harvest moon would kinda suit to pokemon

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
It's really a decent idea, but maybe add some some things to it like either get a certain amount of badges and do some side quests and also throw some events in it.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
Years
I remember seeing something like this somewhere I'm pretty sure... Looked pretty garbage though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
As far as regular dating/human interaction, you could have attractions and favorite dating spots like the Ferris wheel in Nimbasa for N (although he's not a gym leader), or grabbing a Casteliacone.

As far as the "World of Pokemon", there's an expansive landscape for ideas to be built on in just in (a) everyday pokemon interaction (as pets).
Ex) You could take a walk in the park with your each others' pokemon (Amity Square) , groom them, and have a lot of dialogue about Pokemon as I'd they're your children.

Although I've never played a dating sim aside from the illustrious "I Love You, Colonel Sanders!", I do think the crossover gets interesting when you start delving into the (b) battling aspect of Pokemon and how that will play into your game and relationships.

Is it more of a traditional dating sim, diologue based interactions, or is there you ​actual battling mechanics in your game? (Maybe even a simplified version with the super effective system).

Maybe it takes place in Pokemon school and so many of the questions are Pokemon trivia related (or "rock resists electric because ... (a) rocks are epic").

Will you have to impress them by battling them? Maybe you're one of the people who trains everyday in that gym leaders gym who you want to woo. Maybe they entrust you to babysit or train their Pokemon for the week, and it likes you and evolves.

Maybe it leans towards traditional Pokemon top-down RPG, but with a dating mechanic. You walk around the world training and battling, but far more RPG dialogue (I think there should be a couple gym leaders/trainers you can date, but still interact with the others). Is dating the main objective? (Maybe even building a house together with the person as post game).

(a) trading Pokemon and (b) items:

There could be money system (traditional battling system) to save up for gifts, but still a risk/reward as you need healing items (fainting in battle and returning to the Pokemon center 10 times isn't going to be alluring, unless there's an option where you do it so poorly on purpose to "See them every day"). Maybe you could put favorite items on the Pokemon before trading it, like those surprise mail items with a note on it.

Trading could play a big role in people's lives, and get you to interact with the gym leader's or other trainees paroling the region not of your romantic choice to still gain traction towards being a connective partner to the one.
Your party could include Pokemon they hint at liking. Safe choices are Pokemon of the gym leaders type (unless they already have say a charmander). Some not so obvious as "I'm Brock Gimme Rock". Maybe they have pictures of or been reading into fashion magazines with a snubbul (of you get close enough to see these personal hints through good duologue). Or you witness them battle someone and they absolutely adore Pichu, so you see if that trainer is willing to trade it.

(although if the Pichu is attached, that'd be sad lol. Trading Pokemon is honestly sad. Will the game be lighthearted like the anime?)

Idk, I think there's a lot of potential for ideas. The main thing is how much of the regular Pokemon battling/game will you be mixing in? Which I think is the main appeal that sets it different from other noche world's, even if it's just story/dialogue options, daily life/events about winning/losing and caring for pokemon as a trainer. There's tons of excitement to be found in any type of mixture, so do what excites you the most :D

Also, I saw another fangame where you are the gym leader, and people come challenge you. Maybe they want to date you. That might be of interest.

Edit: oh I didn't realize this thread is from 2017

Last edited:
Back