• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] is let's go pikachu a spin off or a main game?

is let's go pikachu a spin off or a main game?

• Spin off

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Main Game

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    keep in mind the spin off usually are games that are not developed by the companies. but im seeing a lot of comments saying that let's go is a spin off and that the main game is coming in 2019. so which one is right?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • It's main game, the Pokemon Company confirmed even that Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are the 2018 Core series Pokemon games on Nintendo Switch. Core and Main series are different words, but with the same meaning.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's... weird. They said core title or somesuch, but have also elsewhere referred to it as a title for newcomers rather than the hard(er?)core audience. It feels like they are trying to market it as both a spin off and main title, which is just confusing.

Maybe it is best to consider it as something in-between. It has the battling mechanics to some extent - but no clear sight yet on how items work or if abilities exist, and stats may be different (CP is in there after all). It's based on Kanto, yet it has clear GO elements in the redone catching part. It's by Game Freak, but that's hardly reason to claim 'main game' when they've done spinoffs and non-Pokemon titles (Pokemon was not their first bit of VG work on that note).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I said when Let's GO was announced that it was neither a spin-off or a main series game but more so a Hybrid game meant to revive or marry Let's GO with the traditional gaming format. Thereby introducing casual players who started on GO to the nuisances and fun of traditional Pokemon gaming wherein when they release Generation 8 on the Switch, they'll be more inclined to buy it. The problem I have with Let's GO is that it has virtually no replay value as I see it. What challenges can you do on it is what I'm getting at and with regards to version exclusives, trading is going to be a pain unless you shell out $$$ for their online service. Its a cash grab at its core but I suppose its a first good step for the Switch. Its just with how Let's GO has turned out so far, Generation 8's expectations are going to be astronomical.

Back