• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Moxie for special attack

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    so i wanted to make a special attak version of moxie i tried it in the game and it dint work so good
    is this wrong also i need a beter name plz

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    thx that worked

Try "SPATK" instead of "SPECIALATTACK".

thx do you know the other coding for those also is there a way to combine them like attack and special gets raised or defense and special defense when they get hit by a contact move

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • thx do you know the other coding for those also is there a way to combine them like attack and special gets raised or defense and special defense when they get hit by a contact move

Like this?

Code:
        # Moxie
        if user.hasWorkingAbility(:MOXIE) && target.fainted?
          if user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::ATTACK,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(user.ability)) && user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::SPATK,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(user.ability))
            PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{user.pbThis}'s Moxie")
          end
        end

EDIT: Sorry, just now i undestand ya lol lets find a ability than can be "the same effect" and edit for you want.

EDIT2: Maybe this:
    Code:
            if target.hasWorkingAbility(:ABILITY,true) && target.isFainted? &&
               !user.isFainted?
                PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Ability")
                @battle.scene.pbDamageAnimation(user,0)
                user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::ATTACK,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(user.ability)) && 
                  user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::SPATK,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(user.ability))
                @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} raised Attack and Special Attack by {2}!",user.pbThis,
                  PBAbilities.getName(target.ability)))

end

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • bro this is cool thx btw are u working on a game or on a project

Hmmm, well, honestly I'm trying to create a game, yes, but there are so many good scripts here lol... I have not even started to create maps. :/
    I just did the whole pokedex (1-808, yes, I included Meltan).
    However, if you are interested, lets talk via pm. No problem! :D
    Anything, we're here.

Back