• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] XSE Not Compiling

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    So this is making really mad as it is the last thing needed for my project. I couldn't get a trainer battle to work then I saw that in pokemon you cant rewrite a longer message than the original. So I used free space funder on the emerald rom and found an offset. I changed the advanced map offset to this new one and wrote the script. Now when I compile and open it up again it all is gone. Pls help.

Here is my script.

dynamic 0x800000

'---------------
    #org 0x23CA49
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x126 0x0 0x823CB14 0x823CB58
    msgbox 0x823CB75 MSG_NORMAL '"RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\..."
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x23CB14
    = RED: Well if it isn't the champ!\pI was just on my way to KANTO.\nYou saved the region, no?\pWhat?\nA battle? Hahaha\pFine then, just be warned.\nI won't hold back!\pShow me the power of a\nHOENN CHAMPION!!

#org 0x23CB58
    = ..................

#org 0x23CB75
    = RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\nneed more training.\pMaybe Mt. Silver?\nHmm.... \p[player]!!!\n Keep training and keep battling. The \pPOKéMON world is big and full of\nchallenges!\p BON VOYAGE!

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Searching for free space in Pokémon Emerald 0x800000 is generally not good practice. 0x800000 is generally used for FR/LG.

The true free space offsets in a clean Pokémon Emerald ROM are as follows:

Code:
    0x9C0B20 to 0xAFFFFF
    0xB98B30 to 0xBFFFFF
    0xD3CEA0 to 0xD437EF
    0xDE4018 to 0xE3CF48
    0xE3CF64 to the end of the ROM

Taking the above into consideration, you would want your script to read something like this:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Searching for free space in Pokémon Emerald 0x800000 is generally not good practice. 0x800000 is generally used for FR/LG.

The true free space offsets in a clean Pokémon Emerald ROM are as follows:

Code:
    0x9C0B20 to 0xAFFFFF
    0xB98B30 to 0xBFFFFF
    0xD3CEA0 to 0xD437EF
    0xDE4018 to 0xE3CF48
    0xE3CF64 to the end of the ROM

...aaaannnd this is why people hack FireRed.

Also, side note, but...
    Red talks?!

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    ...aaaannnd this is why people hack FireRed.

Also, side note, but...
    Red talks?!

Emerald is a great ROM to hack if you actually know what you're doing, and has great advantages over Fire Red.

I hack Emerald and I have absolutely no issues with freespace. It's made me a much better ROM hacker.

Years
  • ...aaaannnd this is why people hack FireRed.

Also, side note, but...
    Red talks?!

Hacking Emerald is completely fine and it has some more features over FireRed. Just make some notes about where is free space located in Emerald ROM and you're good to go.

Last edited:
    Back