• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Administrators' Power?

Years
  • Hello. This is dumb, I know. But I was just wondering how much - for better words - "power" do Administrators have?
    • Can they view our PM's?
    • Can Administrator's view draft posts?
    • Deleted Question.
    • What if an Administrator abuses his/her power?
    • Do Administrator's know our PokéCommunity accounts' password?
    • Are our donations made processed through PokéCommunity? (I doubt it.)
    • And can they see our original email accounts (on which the Community account is made)?

Otherwise, this an absolutely outstanding Community, and the Staff is one of the best I have ever seen, and I doubt whether any Administrator will ever abuse their power. Thank you very much for this Community. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm not an admin, but I can answer a few of these questions.

Admins can only view the PMs sent by the user, I don't think they can view PMs between other users. But, they can view all Visitor Messages, even if a person's profile has them turned off.

Only the user who made the draft post can view a draft post.

Why a staff member is no longer staff is honestly no business of yours.

I can't answer any of the other questions, though, as I'm not an admin.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • 1. Admins can't read other people's PMs as that would be a breach of privacy.

2. We also can't see other people's drafts, scrapbox threads, or other incomplete work.

3. DrFuji can answer this himself if he likes.

4. Admin power abuse is possible but almost never happens, as all of our admins have been on staff for years, care about this community greatly, and have a very good idea what constitutes acceptable behaviour. We also have our own internal guidelines on the subject. In the unlikely case that an admin does intentionally abuse their power, we have logging in place and the ability to reverse changes or restore database backups to fix whatever harm was done.

5. No. Your passwords are stored in a hashed format in our database for security reasons which means that even if we wanted to access one, it would just look like unreadable gibberish when it came out.

6. Donations are sent through Stripe.

7. We can only see the current emails of members, not previous or original emails.

Hope this cleared things up for you :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I expected nothing less from PokéCommunity. You people really are great. I hope this question was not annoying in anyway. Keep making the Community great! And many thanks agian!

I speak from experience here when I say that each member of staff — and especially the admin team — are some of the most qualified people dedicated to ensuring the well-being of PC and it's members. You'd be hard pressed to find a more committed and passionate group of individuals and they work their hardest everyday to make sure this forum stays at peak performance. We're very lucky to have them. :)

Back