• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
Years
  • attachment.php

Oakley Brumble

Pokemon:
    shiny_ponyta_icon_by_chenkama-d5yqh30.gif
    Oakley was just getting Blue Flash back from Nurse Joy when a voice with a Castelia accent spoke up, complimenting her Ponyta. Oakley turned around to notice a tall trainer standing behind her. She blinked a few times as she looked up at them. They were dressed in woman's attire and did look feminine, but there was something about them that seemed a little odd. Though, Oakley wasn't stupid enough to pry into peoples' business so she doesn't question it, and answers her compliment instead.

"Oh, thank you." She nods with a cheesy grin, "Yeah, I'll admit, she's the only blue Ponyta I have ever seen. But I'm sure there are others if you look hard enough." She adds as she gives Blue Flash a pat on her nose. She looks at Tatsumi as he agreed to get something to eat, which suited her down to the ground.

Giving the female trainer a wave, Oakley follows Tatsumi to the food hall and watched him as he prepared himself his meal and went to a table. The girl was pretty intrigued in how these things worked, having never seen them before. But she managed to get her own portion without much fuss. She just decided to have the same thing that the boy had. Oakley was fine with most food, except for vegetables. She had always hated vegetables, even as a child. As she walked to the table, she noticed that she was getting weird looks from people, reminding her again that she hadn't had a shower. Oak just rolled her eyes and kept walking. She wasn't bothered by it anymore, so why should other people? She mutters something about people being judgemental as she sits at the table.

As soon as she has sat down, Oak doesn't waste any time in getting stuck into her meal. She eats at a quick pace and only stops after being given a hard shove by Blue Flash, who glared daggers at her and stamped a hoof.

"Oh, Blue Flash, sorry about that." Oakley digs into her bag and brings out a bag of feed, which was a mix of three apples, some tomato berries and some Pokemon feed. She puts them into a bowl and the Ponyta, after giving Oak a thanking nicker, tucks into her meal. Oakley gives the Ponyta a stroke on the neck as she watches Tatsumi introducing himself to his freshly caught Seedot, who seemed to be quite happy to be with him and Froakie.

"Don't worry, Blue. I'll make sure you have a friend to eat with in the next few days, kay?" she says to the Ponyta, who only flicked her ears in acknowledgement and continued eating. Oakley nodded at the Ponyta and continued to eat her own dinner. Once she was finished with this portion, she couldn't help but go back up a couple of times for more. She did pay of course, her folks had given her money prior to her leaving the ranch and she knew the staff at the Pokemon Center wouldn't appreciate being swindled.

Once she is back with her fourth, she looks at Tatsumi as he was eating and decided that she should at least try to make conversation.

"So, you said that you were going to challenge the Gym Leader tomorrow?" she asked, "That's pretty cool. I personally don't know what I'm going to do on this journey, but it's good to see that you do. What's your strategy?" she asks, genuinely curious.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

• tsJxlCi.png

Name: Tatsumi Serotagi

He and Oakley ate in silence for the most part. He had bought two additional meals for himself, as he hadn't really ate since he left the previous town. He had made quick time on the Route, but he knew that he would probably take his time on other routes, to enjoy everything around him.

After a bit, Oakley finally broke the silence.

"So, you said that you were going to challenge the Gym Leader tomorrow? That's pretty cool. I personally don't know what I'm going to do on this journey, but it's good to see that you do. What's your strategy?" She had asked, curiosity.

"I am sure you will find what you want to do. No one knows right away. As for my strategy, one thing I have learned from watching Wulfric, in his gym battles, is to not depend on a single strategy. I have witnessed people plan for days, only to lose because they depended on that single strategy they came up with. Then, there are those who come in with no strategy at all and win on their first try. I am more of a 'think on your feet' type. If you limit yourself to a strategy, something could go wrong and you hit a brick wall." Tatsumi answered.

He looked at his pokemon. They were still eating as a Chansey brought his key card to him.

"Thank you Chansey." He said.

The pokemon bowed and walked back over to the counter. His room was ready, but he remained at the table for the time being.

Bag:
    Spoiler:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Vince Caroo - Day 6 - Rocky Situations
    Sinnoh character 1.jpg

Pokemon/Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Vince and his Pokemon had been trekking up Mt. Coronet for hours now. They were starting to get very tired and it was getting dark soon. Realizing that there was no way they would be able to get over the mountain, Vince began looking for an area they could stop and set up camp for the night. Climbing a little further, Vince noticed a small landing just big enough for him and his Pokemon to sleep on. Vince, Kiara and Scooter then headed over there and began setting up, finishing up just before the sun went down, immersing them in the darkness.

Laying there in the darkness, Vince couldn't help but think about how far he had come. Only 6 days ago, he was in Solaceon Town with no real plan, no gym badges, and no experiences. Now though, he had taken on a gang of Pokemon, beaten Tiamat, and climbed halfway up Mt. Coronet. This was why he had come on this journey, to experience new things and find what his dream was. So far, he had been doing just that and Vince couldn't have been happier. As he listened to the various night Pokemon come out and call back and forth to each other, Vince fell asleep with that thought in mind.

He was happy.

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
    Years
  • attachment.php

Oakley Brumble

Pokemon:
    shiny_ponyta_icon_by_chenkama-d5yqh30.gif
    Oakley had gotten her sixth portion when Tatsumi spoke up again. She tilts her head as she listens to him talk about battling. She blinks a few times, quite interested in his response and that sticking to a single strategy wasnt always the best plan. This was something that intrigued Oakley as her grandfather had told her that a strategy could be a positive thing. Which it probably was, depending on what the strategy actually was.

"Hmm... that's interesting." she replies, eating more of her rice between words, "But yeah I'm not sure what I'll do. I've only got Blue Flash and I don't use her in battle much, I should train her up if I want to catch any Pokemon." she replies as she looks at the Ponyta still eating her own dinner.

As she finished her portion, now feeling quite full, she notices Chansey handing Tatsumi his keys to his room. After he is handed his key, the Pokemon turned to her and handed her own.

"Oh, cheers." she says as she lets out a little yawn and looks back to the boy, "Hmm... I should really call my mum, she told me to once I'm at a Pokemon Center." she gets up to leave the table before looking back at Tatsumi.

"Umm... so... is this 'goodbye' or we.. meeting up tomorrow or... I have no idea." she sighs, not knowing what to say. She was glad that she had ran into the boy, it would be quite lonely on the road with only Blue Flash for company. She doesn't move until he replies.

smexy_mudkip

Competitive n00b
    Years
  • "It's 9:00." Celeste whispers to herself, struggling to wake up. "Ugh, I knew I should have gone to bed earlier, but all that fanfiction just begs me to keep reading." Celeste gets up, closes her now dead laptop, and plugs it in. The Sylph Co. logo is displayed on the cover. It's a more recent model of their portable PC they now manufacture internationally.

After carefully putting aside her PC, she quickly puts an outfit together and opens her curtains to let in more natural lighting. Outside, is the town of Solaceon. A beautiful town in a quiet, prairie, atmosphere with a good lot of sightseeing to do. Celeste finished getting herself ready and out the door to do some supply hunting and window shopping before leaving once again. She opens the door to a small hotel with haste as she briskly walks outside and heads in the direction of the Shopping Center just North of her location.

"Dang, I didn't grab breakfast in the lobby before I left. Oh well, too late to turn back." Celeste shrugs and pulls out a Pokeblock dispenser for her fellow companion, Mary the Marill, who's rested on her head. Mary delightfully take a Pink Pokeblock from the handed dispenser and nibbles on it. Celeste, on the other hand, pulls out a Pecha Berry and takes large bite out of it like a starving Munchlax. "Too bad there isn't such a thing like fast-food here," Celeste complains, "I could really go for a giant hamburger. I already feel myself getting sick of berries."

After an extensive amount of walking for about 30 minutes, she finds a General Goods store which she enters post-haste. "It's about time," she pulls out a small list, "okay, what do I need?" Celeste skims over briefly while mumbling to herself and counting out money. "Got it! Let's go!" She plops Mary into a basket and zooms through the first isle and the next. Nearly running people over in the process.
    Rushing to the counter, Celeste jolts her cart to a stop and almost literally tosses her items onto the conveyor belt for the clerk to scan.
    "Okay ma'am," says a young man about her age working behind the counter, "I've bagged all your items here and your total cost should be--"

"No problem, I gotcha."

Celeste smiles as she cuts him off, handing him a wad of money. Not knowing the actual price and recklessly handing him the money out of impatience.

The young man counts the money.

"Uhh…ma'am I'm sorry," he blushes nervously and prepares to quickly apologize, "but this isn't enough. I'm really sorry I don't mean to be rude I'm just doing my job."

Celeste begins to dig through her empty wallet, "Are you freaking kidding me?! Ohhh man…" her face is glowing rose red as well as she realizes her foolishness.

Back